• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ross009

Drop In Power

ross009

ive got a f plate 1.6 gti an some days when i go out it feels about 30 bhp more powerful than others its quite bizzare seems to go better when its a bit colder i dont mean i thrash it from cold i just mean after 45 mins say of driving it feels more sluggish than after say 15-20 has anyone else experienced this or is it all in my head? im worried the ignition timing may be slightly out or something like that ive done a search cant come up with anything on this particular problem so any quick things to check would be great cheers.

pug_ham

It sounds pretty normal to me. Colder air is denser so it makes a better combustion process. Just not enough to give what feels like a 30bhp difference. IMO its all in your head.

If your car drives normally when it feels good without any pinking then the timing is fine & adjusting it won't gain anything.

Graham.

hengti

sounds normal to me too

once you get used to a car, you can pick up on things like this. the cars i've gotten used to have certainly felt quicker in colder weather (fog is the best; can't really take advantage of that one though!) and feel a little sluggish once they've been on a good run

you're not nuts - it's normal :wacko:

Sign in to follow this