• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
welshpug

Anyone Removed A Loom Form A Zx?

welshpug

Because I want to know if the large plug on the bulkhead is the same as later 306's, I think it would be the same as the Phase 1 306 but unsure about later cars :rolleyes:

welshpug

wow! so none on here has butchered a ZX16v for its engine??? or even a lowly 8v volcane?

steely205

I have in my shed the loom from a zx volcane 1.9 which I removed along with the rest of the engine/ gear box, I may be able to get some Picture tonight if need be?

Cheers

Mark

welshpug

thats what I need :D just a picture to confirm wether the ZX front end loom fits to the car in the same way as a 306 thats all :rolleyes:

steely205

From memory, it's a round terminal block that connected to the offside inner wing, I'll try and get those pictures for you tonight.

Mark

welshpug

that'll be the main engine loom, I meant the bigass one that comes from the bulkhead to that point, I got the whole bloody lot out of this 306 :) I'll get a pic to show you.

welshpug

again, me being a dumbass! those pics of the round plugs will be spot on, turns out I may only need to use the engine loom and not the 8 foot of loom i took off the donor :)

inferno

im sure we told u this a few times now lol:P bit hard to understand unless u have the engine harness unravelled in front of you, or have done a conversion before, so you can be forgiven for thinking u needed the car loom too:P

welshpug

never done a conversion before, though I have read up a bit.

this is different ot my earlier questions, they were about fitting motronic to a 205, this is about fitting GTi6 into ZX16v :D

Sign in to follow this