• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
M_R_205

Mi16 Wiring Help

M_R_205

well well well what a day im having, i have a wiring loom that came off my mi16 and it has a dizzy plug in it, i dunno if this is normal or the tool i bought the engine off had a gti loom on it, im not that good with wiring so i need lots of help pls ;)

any way, to my problems

fitting carbs to an mi16, i am following the wiring diagram on the main site but i seem to have a different coil to the diagram which is where my problems are, as there is 7 wires coming off it, and i dunno where they all go, two of them go to the ignition amplifier (as pointed at in one of the pics) the thin white one im guessing goes to the rev counter, but the seccond red and twoo black i have no idea what to do with, (the two black one goes to the ecu and the other the tach relay, and the red into a brown connector )

and finaly, its going into an xs, where can i take a switched live from the std xs loom???

pics at this link

http://s91.photobucket.com/albums/k296/con...d_waugh/wiring/

all help needed even if u think its a daft comment

cheers in advance :P

Richie-Van-GTi

the coil may be different but wiring is the same, the hard part is knowing which wire does what as its not as obvious as the single cylindrical coil's. You could always chop the wires and use a different coil. Im not 100% on the wires on the coil you have?

M_R_205

it looks like the fat red wire goes to a switched live, (the one in number 4 on the right) dunno about the litle white one attached to it :S

as for the two black ones i have no idea im thinking of just cutting them off any ideas??

Sign in to follow this