• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
GazRallye

1.6 Gti Calipers

GazRallye

I bought a pair of these a while back off ebay, cheap, 2nd hand and complete with pads. I intend to fit them to my xs with a set of 1.9 discs which i have obtained brand new.

The pads in the calipers looks ok, are unipart ones and have loads of life left in them, the only thing is the sliders look pretty rusty and doesn't look like there will be much sliding going on!

Can i get a new set of sliders, or if i buy new pads will sliders come with them?

cheers

Gaz

bitchass 205

You mean the pad retaining slider? you could just wire brush them and then copper grease them. Worked for me.

A

And no, you wont get any with new pads, you'll have to order the pad retaining kit which has all sliders and clips.

matty_gti

You can get a pad slider kit in halfords off the shelf.

GazRallye

well the pads are on 2 little runner type things (the sliders) at the top and bottom of the pad. One is held on with a little split pin type thing and the other seems to be integral to the caliper, am i right?

matty_gti

Yes, in the pack you get two sliders, two pins that fit in the end of the slider and either two or four (think its four) springs clips to retain the pads in the caliper.

Matt

GazRallye

the pack is for both calipers then? i.e a slider for each caliper?

because its the caliper end that is pretty rusty, maybe a scrub up and some grease will be ok tho

drmo

I would go for a scrub up and some grease ;) worked fine for me.

And a question: Will this part of caliper from 1.6 GTi (wented discs) fit to 1.4 XR caliper (also Bendix sistem)?

celjusttbcp.jpg

I already have a rebuilt XR calipers that costed me too much, otherwise I would buy a used ones from 1.9 GTi.

Sign in to follow this