• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
M@tt

Mi16 Superchrged Cr Advice Required

M@tt

get some more pics up Al :)

I'm getting a 306 TD pulley which should hopefully do te job instead as the SC pulley has 6 grooves not 5 so the mi16 pulley needs replacing anyway.

Remind me again is the alternator pully held on without a woodruff key ie purely by the torque of the bolt? if so would the standard torque setting be sufficient to keep it tight whilst powering the SC?

Ahl
Surely there must be a way of checking how much has been skimmed off, ie measuring the height of the head or the distance from the face to the valves. someone must know!?

In the peugeot overhaul manual for the mi16, it gives the head height as 132mm +/- 0.15

Does that help? :)

allanallen
get some more pics up Al :D

I'm getting a 306 TD pulley which should hopefully do te job instead as the SC pulley has 6 grooves not 5 so the mi16 pulley needs replacing anyway.

Remind me again is the alternator pully held on without a woodruff key ie purely by the torque of the bolt? if so would the standard torque setting be sufficient to keep it tight whilst powering the SC?

I've got a 2 piece 6 groove pulley off a 2.0 mi16 on mine and i'm pretty sure its keyed onto the crank, please let me know if i'm wrong.

Ahl, yes thats damn helpful i would of thought, a quick measurement of the head should show how much has been skimmed off +/-0.15 (pay attention m@tt :P )

You'll have to be patient for the pics ;)

madspikes

The 306 pulley will give a 1:2 ratio (one engine rev to two on the charger), the alternater off the 306 is useful as it has the same pulley (of course).

Crank pulley is held on with one bolt (22mm) and a woodruff key.

Mad.

Sam
Why not just use XU9J4Z pistons? They're supposed to be 9.7:1, but are actually 9.5:1. I've got a few sets if you're interested. Or, a 2mm copper gasket?

Cometic also do a 2mm MLS gasket, infact I think they can do almost any thickness you want. Just watch out for import taxes, they use s*ite UPS. See if they can send it USPS then you avoid the charges.

Petert: are there many motorsport events in/around syndey? I'm going to be there as of Monday. I'm staying in Manly for 3 or 4 months. Going to try and meet up with the guy who bought all the ex Peugeot Sport built 406 touring cars (non coupe) as he lives in Syndey also, going to see if I can get an Xtrac box off him.

petert
? I'm going to be there as of Monday. I'm staying in Manly for 3 or 4 months. Going to try and meet up with the guy who bought all the ex Peugeot Sport built 406 touring cars (non coupe) as he lives in Syndey also, going to see if I can get an Xtrac box off him.

There's a Supersprint at Eastern Creek on 12 May. I'll be there, but three of the other 205's that usually run will be absent. A 206 GTi180 will be running however. The next Supersprint after that is at Wakefield Park on 24 June.

Two friends of mine have bought old 405 super tourers. One just bought a new shell, the other a complete car.

Bonzai
The 306 pulley will give a 1:2 ratio (one engine rev to two on the charger), the alternater off the 306 is useful as it has the same pulley (of course).

Crank pulley is held on with one bolt (22mm) and a woodruff key.

Mad.

there is apparantly a particular XUD found in a citroen (cant remember which model sorry) with 6 grooves on its pulley, if my memory serves me. I found this when researching s/charging myself on this very forum

averyaaron1979

apologies for dragging this thread up again, but can anyone tell if the eaton m45 charger would be suited to be used on a xu74j engine or the 1.8 16v engine froma 406?

or would i better with the m60 i believe?

i understand i need to drop the cr for using the s/c but by how much would i need to? any suggestions on a reliable way to do other than the thicker head gasket?

i am thinking of using an intercooler air:air type and possibly using a water/methanol spray bar to to lower the intake temps.

any ideas would be useful. i am trying to do this on a budget and not spend tons on the set up.

Sign in to follow this