• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Adjusting The Clutch On My Van

Dave

I have a diesel Citroen C15 van at the mo. tHE clutch biting point is very high, almost at the top of the pedal travel. I assume the clutch is well worn and due to be changed. In the mean time, if I screw in the nuts on the cable (basically shortening the cable) the biting point will be lowered, but wil this affect anything else? The clutch wouldnt be fully releasing when I let go of the pedal, would this burn out the release bearing quickly?

Richie-Van-GTi

if the clutch isnt fully releasing you will get a lot of slip in the clutch and the friction plate will die very quickly.

welshpug

depends if its a pull or push type box, if the pedal is high id say slacken the cable off as it sounds like a pull type.

jonnie205

As the friction plate gets thinner it will raise the clucth pedal. You will need to slacken the cable to move the bite point lower down

Dave

Gah, I suspected I was wrong, but for some reason couldnt get my head round the mechanics of it.

Thanks for the help.

Sign in to follow this