• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
DrSarty

Afm - Super Quickie

DrSarty

As title - I have 1990 Citroen BX16v (no-cat) engine running its original AFM. I've discovered erratic fuelling issue and have heard of retracking the AFM. Want to do a quick swap test so either:

a} would like to borrow someone's spare for a day

or

b} would like to buy a replacement and need to know if I MUST get an Mi/BX16v one or is the 1.9GTi AFM the same, as there are a few for sale on the forum.

As for the retracking as an alternative - what's involved please? Above request still stands.

Regards

Rich :rolleyes:

Kev-G

Different

DrSarty

bugger!

Anyone local (to me :rolleyes: ) with a spare I can test, and/or advise me on this retrackin' mullarky?

DamirGTI

Hi !

I have this link for retracking : http://frwilk.com/944dme/afm.htm , but that link still dosnt work :( don't know why :rolleyes: (if you wish i can scan this document for you from a printed copy)

As for replacement item i think that you must buy mi16 or bx16v one (look for number code stampt on black AFM cover) , 1.9 and 1.6 8v engines use different AFM-s ....i have try 1.6 AFM on my 1.9 8v engine - it fits perfectly but car don't work so good with it :D

cheers B)

DrSarty

Thanks Damir - I've driven through Croatia up to Zagreb from the Bos Gradiska border crossing, which is not too far from Cybernck (I think). Yes, the link doesn't work and a scan and e-mail to <rifle556@yahoo.co.uk> would be much appreciated. Thanks for your help.

Rich :rolleyes:

DamirGTI

Yes it's not so far :rolleyes: , distance is rellative in such a small country B)

Ok. i will do that for you soon as i ghet home from work :D

cheers :(

pugrallye

as i said rich, you need to check the serial number stamped on your AFM and go from there, as even 1.9 gti's used two or three different ones, and used to have to be matched. also a hell of a lot of cars from the same generation had gated AFM's and its only a matter of searching for correct number (which is matched to engine ecu)

Edited by pugrallye

DrSarty

Thanks John. Got the retracking document from Damir so I'm prep'd. Just wanted to find a quick swap for a test, but I see now the search for an identical test AFM is gonna involve me looking on my AFM for this number and posting again. Don't wanna go under the bonnet again - something else'll break :D ... :P

Rich :)

Higgy

Hi Rich,

A Vauxhall Chav 8V uses the same AFM. And there are quite a few 8V's at scrappys (also uses same ldle control valve).

The local scrappy to me (Wantage) has a load of Chav AFM's.

Higgy.

lee-bg

just for info :

My Mi16 (148 bhp with cat, DFW) has the same serial number AFM as my 1,9 8v (DKZ engine). So they appear to be absolutely the same. I can check and give you the serial if u like ?

sorry , just saw you are DE-Cat version of Mi16...so I assume you can only get AFM from a simillar engine with similar ECU electronics. otherwise it wont be same....i guess.

Edited by lee-bg

Sign in to follow this