• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
309PUG

Finally Mapped

309PUG

Quick update plus a thumbs up for Phil @ Power Developments.

Phil finally mapped my 8v on DTA and what a cracking job he's done unfortunately his rollers need calibrating so wasn't able to provide a final power / torque figure but he recons around 180 bhp :D

After yesterday testing at Blyton he said get a good feel for the engine and report back any miss givings, bring it back and he will put it back on his rollers after its been calibrated and maybe tweek the start up map a little and provide a power / torque read out.

Can recommend this chap to anyone, down to earth, calls a spade a spade you get the picture, his premises are a little over run with cars of various conditions and state of tune. He verifys the output of all the 'Rear Wheel Drive BMW Challenge' cars.

Chris

pug_ham

Thats a good result Chris. :D

Whats the full spec breakdown of your engine?

Graham.

M@tt

and here's a clip of said car in action on Saturday

pug_ham

Looks & sounds good, nice to see they've fixed some of the potholes at Blyton (not).

Graham.

smckeown

nice one, may have a chat to you regarding using your map as my base map :rolleyes:

I have a question though, if the RR needs calibrating how can he verify the output on the race cars ? sounds odd

Sandy

Nice! Got to love the 8v noise :rolleyes:

Front end a bit too hard though perhaps? Didn't look like it was digging in, hard to tell from here obviously.

Rippthrough
Nice! Got to love the 8v noise :rolleyes:

Front end a bit too hard though perhaps? Didn't look like it was digging in, hard to tell from here obviously.

I had the same thought, but then that is a rather bumpier track than most places.

309PUG

I think I have to agree about it being too stiff upfront, although Blyton is not the smoothest of tracks but its very cheap, local and quiet. Although it may be helped when I fit my super sticky slicks on for sprinting.

Broad engine spec

CatCam 342

CR = 12:1

Double valve springs

Head ported / gas flowed

Cream XE 2.0L Vauxhall injectors

Std valve sizes

Forged 83.5mm pistons

83.5mm matching liners

Arrow forged steel rods

New bearings

New water pump

New oil pump

New paddle clutch

Lightened flywheel

Crank / clutch / flywheel all dynamically balanced

Maniflow Extracter 2 1/4" manifold heat wrapped / single box system

Jenvey TPB45i throttle bodies

90mm trumpets

Matched inlet manifold

DTA E48

All self built, with exception of the electrics side of things, thanks M@tt.

smckeown

quiet a mild cam for such high compression; wouldn't mind seeing what the curves look like.

Sounds fantastic and also sounds like the rev limit is high

Paintguy

Oh, I see you went to Blyton after all then.

After our conversation earlier in the week about the RR set backs, I understood you'd be getting back to me if this was still on, as I was looking forward to being there.

Never mind, it must be something I've said...

Henry Yorke
Never mind, it must be something I've said...

Yeah it was :):P

We thought you were coming over too.

309PUG
nice one, may have a chat to you regarding using your map as my base map :)

I have a question though, if the RR needs calibrating how can he verify the output on the race cars ? sounds odd

He did all the BMW Challenge cars for last season and checked that there were no flyers so to speak, since then he got all the bits to convert his rollers into 4WD, in the middle of all this I turn up for my mapping session, he told me prior to arriving that he wasn't in a position to provide actual figures. Hope that makes sense and clears up any mis givings Sean.

Paintguy
Yeah it was :lol::D

We thought you were coming over too.

I reckon you guys just didn't want me taking up valuable track space in my overweight, underpowered, mobile disco! :):blush:

Sign in to follow this