• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Turbo7379

Combining Gti & Mi16 Looms

Turbo7379

I bought an 405 MI16 & stripped out the engine & loom . As this was destined to go into a stock car I lightened the loom by stripping off all un-necessary wiring such as lights , etc & left just enough to run the engine and the basic dash displays .

Due to a change of plans I want to fit this engine to my 205 1.9 GTI rally car instead . I want to use the MI16 loom to retain the MI16 ECU & dizzy but it due to my butchery it no longer has the wiring to run the ancillaries . The only way I can see around this is to run both looms & fuse boxes but that would add extra weight & bulk .

Any suggestions on a way around this ?

pug_ham

I don't usually use any of the 405 loom (or whatever donor the loom came from) except for the ecu loom on the wiring conversions I do, just keep the ancilliaries wiring originally fitted to your 205.

As long as you haven't removed any of the ecu wiring it shuld be any easy re-wire & all the wire numbers you need have been posted before so a search shuld see you sorted.

Graham.

dee205

Aye you won't need anything other than the management part of the loom to run it. It's handy to have both sets of plugs that go to the guages sensors etc as it makes wiring it to the 205 under dash wires easier but it's no big deal wiring straight into the managment loom to get them.

Damien

Sign in to follow this