• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
miamigtimark

Britax Sunroof.

miamigtimark

Hi all,

Leading on from my previous post. Found out that the sunroof on my 92 phase 2 is a dealer fit roof. After taking it apart i can see what the problem is but now i need the solution. The handle has a small cog type operation that acts on 2 (i think) cables that have a thread running up them and these are surrounded by a pink plastic tube. I think that one opens and one closes the roof. These have snapped so the handle in the car winds on to nothing.

Anyone had this problem or can suggest a solution???

Ta.

pugrallye

Is it a small britax sunroof - as in dealer aftermarket fitted one? I have spare ones if they are any good

steve@cornwall
Hi all,

Leading on from my previous post. Found out that the sunroof on my 92 phase 2 is a dealer fit roof. After taking it apart i can see what the problem is but now i need the solution. The handle has a small cog type operation that acts on 2 (i think) cables that have a thread running up them and these are surrounded by a pink plastic tube. I think that one opens and one closes the roof. These have snapped so the handle in the car winds on to nothing.

Anyone had this problem or can suggest a solution???

Ta.

Unusual roof by the sound of it! Just for clarification- it has a winder handle that raises/lowers, or slides back?

If it slides it may be an idea to look at late80s/early 90s fords for spares?

feb

Is that a pop-up roof as fited in base model 205s?

If that's the case you can look for spares in a 106 (phaseII), they have the same kind of sunroof. You can pick up the whole sunroof for 30 pounds from a scrappy, put some silicon before you screw the subframe and presto! Peugeot wanted 600+ pounds for a new s/r!!

Revla

Not promoting! But Dean Hunter at Peugeot parts had some brand new spares for these, you could try him - 01977 677887.

Trev

miamigtimark

Wicked!!!! Thanks for the number will give it a whirl. Just for the record it looks like a normal gti roof and should slide like a normal gti roof (but it doesnt!!!!). Its a the big slider glass type but doesnt run (as far asi can make out) on a vacum.

Thanks guys!!

Sign in to follow this