• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
erica

Help! My Pug Feels Very Unstable!

erica

Cheers guys. :unsure:

Just to confirm that everything on the front has been checked, including strut studs, hubs etc. And everything appears to be ok. The knocking on the front could the diff as it only started up after we swapped the gearboxes.

Im going to get some new bushes for the beam and see if that changes anything. :)

Powers

I know you have checked the front but just to be sure;

Jack the front end up, remove the wheels and the trackrod ends from the hub. Then while rotating the hub grab the shock and pull and push - There should be no backwards and forwards movement. If there is its the strut's top nut that needs to be tightened, and i mean tightened!

Best of luck.

huzzer

I dont imagine this is your problem but i thought I'd share my own experience on this!

When driving at motorway speeds mine was also really unstable, it could change lanes without any driver input!

I checked everything that you have done, but it still made no difference. When I bought my track shell it had some very nice reconned wheels on so I swapped them over. After swapping them over the problem dissappeared. I went back and checked the old wheels and on the front i'd had one SMR and one italian speedline! :P The weight difference i assume was enough to severely upset things!

I can see yours has 1,6 alloys on so cant be that but good luck with finding the problem.

sutol

If the rack has been changed there is a chance that either one or both of the little retaining bolt locating tubes have been left off. This could cause the problem .. If it's the same as mine that is 'K' reg

Sign in to follow this