• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
24seven

Factors Involved When Upping Cr?

24seven

So I'm gonna up the CR on my 1.4 nissan (and fit the head from a 1.6 version of this engine for the larger inlet valve). apart from haivng to possibly run the car on 97 RON, mechanically what can I do to aid performance along with upping the CR? I think I read somewhere that the cam timing would wokr better if adjusted slightly to suit the higher CR. Also the exhaust cams on this 1.6 head have a slightly higher lobe height as well. would I be better off with this or the standard one?

Thanks in advance :).

Sandy

Fuel and ignition mapping will need to be reviewed.

t16ryan

Are you changing the head over yourself? they aint very nice to do :D and they are cam chain too :)

24seven

yeah I will be. it's an Almera with the GA14DE engine.

I've got a written off GTi (motorbike into passenger rear quarter, no substantial mechanical damage though) which I plan to transplant all its running gear into my car (mine's a 5 door, and they didn't make a 5 door GTi, but I want one :D) as a project at home while I'm in uni. I just wanna have a little play with the GA14 while I'm still using it, as it's not the end of the world if I break something :D.

Sign in to follow this