• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mishu

1.1 Tu1 Exhaust

mishu

Hello,

I'm pretty much done working on the Pug, just have to add some soundproofing/carpetting inside, but I still can't drive it. The reason for this is that I've been ignoring the worn out exhaust system for too long. At first, it had that nice rally style grunt (from a 1.1 :P), but as the holes got bigger (I assume), it now sounds awful, and the pipes hang down like 5-7 cm from the road. :o

So, I'd appreciate some advice on what can be done.

I'd like to change the entire exhaust system (from what I understand, the system has a pipe from the manifold which leads into a center section, which connects to the back box through another pipe). Is that right for a standard 1.1 TU1 GR (1990)? What would something like this cost me?

Also, what are my options regarding the manifold? I'm on a budget, so I probably won't be able to afford one, but what are some manufacturers/prices for them?

Thanks!

mishu

P.S. I've checked the forum for previous related posts, but I haven't found a lot for the smaller engines (I wonder why? ;))

Sandy

The downpipe form the manifold is quite dear, but the centre section is very cheap because it's just plain pipe on the 1.1. The silencer is fairly cheap.

Guest Azurael

Speaking of exhausts, there's a small hole (a little bigger than the average pin head) in my manifold; should I worry about it, and what can I do about it (preferably not replace the manifold, since I'm probably getting rid of the poor thing in a few months anyway...)

Jrod

Just stick a bit of holts gum gun stuff on it! :D

mishu
Speaking of exhausts, there's a small hole (a little bigger than the average pin head) in my manifold; should I worry about it, and what can I do about it (preferably not replace the manifold, since I'm probably getting rid of the poor thing in a few months anyway...)

Have you considered welding it? Since it's only for a few months anyway...

I'm a bit beyond that, so I'll probably order a new center section and end box.. does anyone have an aprox. price I should expect? Any specific manufacturers? Pug original maybe?

mishu

macaroni

Centre sections in England cost about £40, you can get a CSC sports backbox for £60, manifold downpipes are about £60.

I have a full system you can have, but you're a bit far away...

Sign in to follow this