• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Headling

Removing Sunroof!

Headling

HI Guys, I have a 1.9 gti 1990, going track daying and want to take out the sunroof and panel in, I have done a search on it and found the carbon roofed white 205, looks trick and the red rally 1.6 put with steel panel in where glass used to be.

My car has a sliding sunroof. I cant afford a roof re skin so cheap and cheerfull is the way! ;)

What is best to panel in with, I may want to race one day so want to do it right and pass scrutinering?

Ali,steel,carbon?

How to remove it? I have taken head lining out and can see what look like rivets? do you drill these out from inside? Any tips would be great.

cheers,

Mark

ashley peddle

i done a group buy on roof plates... i can help talk you through it if you wonna add me to msn ;)

peddle_ashley@hotmail.com

essexmeet22jan0667nb.jpg

Headling

cheers Ashley I will drop you a mail and have a chat on it, looks good in the picture, just got my steel plate this arvo, £7.50! the grinder and paint are coming out to play this weekend! oh and a bit of silicone sealant.

Rippthrough
cheers Ashley I will drop you a mail and have a chat on it, looks good in the picture, just got my steel plate this arvo, £7.50! the grinder and paint are coming out to play this weekend! oh and a bit of silicone sealant.

Why not ally? :D

Headling

I was thinking that steel would be stronger and if I want to go racing one day steel would pass through scruitnering a little easier than ali? just my thoughts though, I can do it in ali if thats ok?

chris1986

did you het this sorted? i'm soon going to be doing this to mine. it has the massive sliding glass roof

Sign in to follow this