• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Enfield

Gasket, Seals And Various Other Stuff

Enfield

Hi there,

Ordered this kit from eBay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...p;rd=1&rd=1

It says TU1M on the kit which is obviously the wrong one as I have a TU3 engine!

I assumed that the one kit covered all those engines because it didn't ask me which one I want to get when I ordered it.

Will it fit o my engine? I bought it mainly for the head gasket.

Thanks

swordfish210

the head gasket looks a lot different to the one i'v got sat next to me which is for a TU3.2 (UK spec rallye) so i'd say no, it wont fit

GazRallye

I bought that same kit from the same buyer just before xmas and it worked fine on my xs

look in the table half way down the page, its says 205 tu3!!

Enfield
I bought that same kit from the same buyer just before xmas and it worked fine on my xs

look in the table half way down the page, its says 205 tu3!!

Yeah I know mate but on the packaging here it says TU1M 1124cc

trogboy

TU1 cylinders are a 72mm bore whilst the TU3 are 75mm bore so no, it won't do the job properly. It will encroach over the edge of the combustion chamber.

You could measure the bores to make sure if you like but I am almost certain it is not the one you need.

GazRallye

mine had a 1124 sticker too, but when i got the old one off it was the same, its done 2000 trouble free miles since, if you are really doubtful, contact the seller

Sign in to follow this