• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
philfingers

Gp A Brakes And What's The Biggest Inside A 15" Wheel

philfingers

I got some what I belive are Gp A bells and a single new disc with a car a recently bought. The bells are anodised red and the other blue. The disc is 262mm x 21mm. Now Rally Design do both a 280 and a 300mm iron rotor which I'm hoping will fit. Question is does anyone know what size the original Gp A discs were and secondly what's the biggest disc I can get away with under a std 15" rim. I don't want to change rims (cars for road rallying and I also have about 20 of them!). I know the 283mm 307 discs go under. Not sure what calipers I would use, maybe std 1900 ones with standoff brackets. Any advice/ knowledge appreciated!

Also anyone have another new disc kicking around or know where I can get one?!

Edited by philfingers

Richie-Van-GTi

283 is about the limit with standard calipers. There are some expensive calipers out there that will give a few more mm but not much. Personally Id get a pair of 307/gti6 or gti180 calipers with the 283 discs or even on the 280 bells. I think you would be defeating the object slightly using standard calipers on bigger discs, I can only see a slight benefit of the setup being the cooling.

philfingers

Yes point taken. The one good point about using std 1900 calipers is they are smaller and lighter than 307 items (i think!), also the GpA disc and bell is light too. So the whole lot would be quite light. Any suggestions on good calipers, willwood, hispec etc. Any to avoid?

pdd144c

I'd fit AP or Brembo with Mintex pads, you don't want to go much bigger than 285mm discs as the wheel bearings don't like it.

TKH

AP did the original rotors. You can still get them. Do the ones you have look like this?

strut.jpg

If so you can pick ul the calipers cheap enough new from the Peugeot Sport Shop France. Due to the low profile calipers and large offset rotor they clear just about all 14" wheels and even some 13" wheels. For 15" wheels you really want something a bit bigger. But again all parts available from Peugeot sport.

TKH
Yes point taken. The one good point about using std 1900 calipers is they are smaller and lighter than 307 items (i think!), also the GpA disc and bell is light too. So the whole lot would be quite light. Any suggestions on good calipers, willwood, hispec etc. Any to avoid?

Good calipers AP, Alcon, Brembo. Have not been impressed with many others. Good pads are Ferodo DS2500 or one of the DS3000 range depending on the application you are using it for. Pegid, Mintex and Hawk pads are said to be good. OMP pads are ok if money is tight. I would say avoid most other pads though, especially EBC and Tarox pads due to problems I have had personally with them.

Powers

Slightly off topic but what hubs are those in the picture?

Thanks.

Adnic69

They are Alcon. 260mm ali belled disc. 4 pot calipers.

Oh yeah and I have a set of these for sale!!

smckeown
They are Alcon. 260mm ali belled disc. 4 pot calipers.

Oh yeah and I have a set of these for sale!!

The question was about the hubs. They look Aluminium to me..

TKH

They are 106 kit car alloy hubs. The brakes look a lot like the Alcon ones but are the old Works AP setup. How much do you want for your Alcons Adimc69?

Powers

Thats exactly what i thought!

They look like the billet ali Peugeot Sport Boutique ones for the 106 Maxi's.

philfingers

TKH - sorry, I can't see the picture. I can't exactly remember what mine look like and I'm not home for another 2 months. Is there a website for the Peugeot Sport Shop France please? Thanks for the other info too, I've used Mintex 171s (still have a new set for the 1900 calipers I think somewhere!), 1144s and also EBC greens, I found the EBCs ok, had some on bikes before tho years ago and they were rubbish, things chnage in 15 years tho! Also used Pagid Fast Road ones, they're ok too.

Adnic69 - How much are you asking for your setup, i'd be interested. PM me with some details please.

Any other places to find these, or is it just ebay and here?

Phil

Sign in to follow this