• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
GazRallye

Driveshaft

GazRallye

I fitted a new drive shaft on the n/s about a month ago, it was all well for a a few miles then a knocking sound started, similar but different from the one when the old one was on and sounds like a driveshaft problem ie, wobbling sound when power is applied round left hand bends and it definately feels/sounds like its coming from the same side.

Also it seems to be leaking a bit of gearbox oil.

Jrod

Hub nut tight?

GazRallye

yeah its fine, i changed the driveshaft on my ax loads of times and never had a problem, the wheel bearing doesn't have any play in it either

is there an oil seal that might not be seated correctly where the shaft meets the box?

TKH

I dont know if this is a problem on the 205, but on the 106, Saxo and AX its acutely possible to get drive shafts to hit the inner wing of the cars with some suspension setups. If this is happening it will kill a even new drive shaft in no time at all. Worth a look at least I guess.

Edited by TKH

GazRallye

you mean if its slammed on its belly?

my AX used to eat them for fun because it was lowered not so extreme that it touched the inner wing tho, my 205 is completely standard ride height

Edited by GazRallye

Sign in to follow this