• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Billy_boy

Momo Steering Boss Problems

Billy_boy

ok i recently bought a momo steering wheel for my 1989 205. the boss that came with it was the wrong one and didnt fit. so i orderer the correct one...

it arrived this morning so i took the old wheel off and went to put the momo boss on but it still doesnt fit! :)

the diameter of the boss kit is 9cm but the diameter of the hole where it is fixed is only 8cm...

are these supposed to be so dificult to fit or is it just me?

Billy_boy

gti_al

I had a similar issue last week... i went to a steering column from a 1988/89 gti (in my 87) and the boss didn't fit between the bits the indicator/lights switches attach to. A hacksaw fixed that, but i suspect it won't clear the later model trim when i fit it.

What year is your car?

Billy_boy

yes thats exacly the issue im having. mine is a 1989 model.

yet my the person who bought my 1987 1.6 GTi off me has fitted the same wheel which fits straight in :D

steve@cornwall

totally off topic-- Was that you following my gti on saturday (Truro- carnon downs)?

sonofsam

Had the same issue billy_boy when fitting my OMP wheel+boss.

I just had to trim away that part of the dash to get it to seat properly, easy job with a hot knife though.

Billy_boy

hmm sounds like the only way... cheers guys much appreciated :D

totally off topic-- Was that you following my gti on saturday (Truro- carnon downs)?

hehe yup that was me mate, ur gti looked very clean!

steve@cornwall
hehe yup that was me mate, ur gti looked very clean!

Your' looking uber-smart too, and came up the hill pretty good :D Mine has terminal clutch slip :( But not too bad for a spray-can job :)

Billy_boy

ok guys i have found the problem...

quite simply the boss kit is too big! i fond another boss on ebay which was much slimmer and fitted perfectly

so be warned there are at least 3 different types of momo boss kit for the 205 :)

thanks for your help people

Sign in to follow this