• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dj_masch_hr

Upgradeing Euro Rallye To 1600 Ccm

christopher

any update? How is it running?

dj_masch_hr

it's runnig well! it revs magnificent and instantly from 2000 rpm!

Edited by dj_masch_hr

dj_masch_hr

well now, after a week spent with the new engine, i can say it was a good decision. all our expectations are full filled ;)

christopher
well now, after a week spent with the new engine, i can say it was a good decision. all our expectations are full filled :)

More details with pictures would be good :P

bren_1.3

you considering doing this chris? :)

christopher
you considering doing this chris? :o

;) Hmm :lol: Now that is a good question. Truth is I'm considering something similar. Its either that or use those forges pistons in the 1,3 block. I have a TU5J4 block in the basement.

So I'm interested to know if there are any issues with the install and how it drives with the standard box and 1,3 flywheel.

But a flowed TU24 head should in theory be good to about 175bhp :unsure:

Edited by christopher

205Rallee
:D Hmm :ph34r: Now that is a good question. Truth is I'm considering something similar. Its either that or use those forges pistons in the 1,3 block. I have a TU5J4 block in the basement.

So I'm interested to know if there are any issues with the install and how it drives with the standard box and 1,3 flywheel.

But a flowed TU24 head should in theory be good to about 175bhp :P

Having fixed my Quaife gearbox, stuck on a CSC manifold (should get dynoed this week) and put a race Kent cam, adjustable vernier and omex mappable ignition on my TU24. Who can I get modify my head which is std apart from some work done by LAD. My bottom end is standard and seems happy reving all day to 7,900 rpm. I need it to be reliable and tractable as it's used for sprints and hillclimbs in the UK. (Won my class at this yeras first event on Friday!)

Any ideas on who to use and costs?

christopher
Having fixed my Quaife gearbox, stuck on a CSC manifold (should get dynoed this week) and put a race Kent cam, adjustable vernier and omex mappable ignition on my TU24. Who can I get modify my head which is std apart from some work done by LAD. My bottom end is standard and seems happy reving all day to 7,900 rpm. I need it to be reliable and tractable as it's used for sprints and hillclimbs in the UK. (Won my class at this yeras first event on Friday!)

should get dynoed this week

Be interested to see some results here when you get em:-P

and put a race Kent cam

Is it the PT04? Have you increased the compression?

Who can I get modify my head

It depends on what you require and what has been done my LAD. The flow on a TU24 head as from the factory is already huge for a 1.3 engine and is very hard to squeeze out more.

My recomendation is to contact Guy Croft by phone http://www.gcroft.com/ and ask him what you need and he will tell you prices.

I know for a fact that he has just completed a TU24 head with significant gains in flow :D

Edited by christopher

205Rallee
Be interested to see some results here when you get em:-P

Is it the PT04? Have you increased the compression?

It depends on what you require and what has been done my LAD. The flow on a TU24 head as from the factory is already huge for a 1.3 engine and is very hard to squeeze out more.

My recomendation is to contact Guy Croft by phone http://www.gcroft.com/ and ask him what you need and he will tell you prices.

I know for a fact that he has just completed a TU24 head with significant gains in flow :D

It has had a bit skimmed off the head.I think it is the PT04 and who knows what LAD did with the head!

Will let you know what it comes up with on the rollers.

TT205

Hi mate

Well done! which event did you win?

You could do worse than give Mike a ring!! - you said you liked his engine performance

PM me if you want his number or go on the TeamGeenRacing web site

Dave

205Rallee
Hi mate

Well done! which event did you win?

You could do worse than give Mike a ring!! - you said you liked his engine performance

PM me if you want his number or go on the TeamGeenRacing web site

Dave

Hi Dave,

Now I had forgotten about Mr Geen!!!!!! He's got to be the man as you don't see which way his cars have gone they are that fast! I'll have to see how much he'll charge and then save the money up for next winter by which time I will have puruaded the wife to let me spend some more money!

I did a sprint at Teeside, what a brilliant wee circuit. a bit like 3 Sisters but better!

I think I'm going to Harewood on Sunday. If you're there I'll say hello.

Regards

David

TT205
I think I'm going to Harewood on Sunday. If you're there I'll say hello.

I'm there - Car 79 :D

205Rallee
I'm there - Car 79 :(

I'll definItely say hello!

drmo
well now, after a week spent with the new engine, i can say it was a good decision. all our expectations are full filled :ph34r:
Hy...I have a question. What did you do with the gearbox? I used a gearbox from pug 306 and it's a bit long. :ph34r: Thinking of putting in a diferencial from 1.1l gearbox....

And what did you do about the jets? Mine are still standard (main veturi 34, idle jets 45F9, emulsions F47, main jet 138, air corrector 180).

205Rallee
I'm there - Car 79 ^_^

Missed you, when I was in the paddock there was no one with the car! Good fun watching the 205'sand 106's. It's good to see another 205 running on 13 x 7"speedlines and the same ride height as mine runs, looks a bit strange but goes well!

One question, why does your front anti roll bar sit so low under the car?

dj_masch_hr
Hy...I have a question. What did you do with the gearbox? I used a gearbox from pug 306 and it's a bit long. ;) Thinking of putting in a diferencial from 1.1l gearbox....

we used standard 1.3 rallye gearbox. it's the same one as on xs.

Sign in to follow this