• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Headling

2.0 8v Turbo To A 1.9 Box

Headling

HI Guys, I was after some help, I did have a look on the search function but didnt find what i was looking for.

I have a 2.0 8v turbo from a 1999 406 sri, i am putting my 1.9 gti box to it, well trying to!

I bought a mi clutch from evil bay 215 mm

Got a flywheel and told it was a mi one, bolted it on all looked good, tried to put my mi clutch on and its too big!

Then grabbed my 1.9 clutch and this fits the flywheel fine, measured the flywheel internal and its 200mm.

So confused now! B) do i have the right flywheel,wrong clutch (215mm) or can i use my flywheel and use the 1.9 gti clutch? or do i need a new flywheel?

Help please!

thanks in advance.

Mikey S
HI Guys, I was after some help, I did have a look on the search function but didnt find what i was looking for.

I have a 2.0 8v turbo from a 1999 406 sri, i am putting my 1.9 gti box to it, well trying to!

I bought a mi clutch from evil bay 215 mm

Got a flywheel and told it was a mi one, bolted it on all looked good, tried to put my mi clutch on and its too big!

Then grabbed my 1.9 clutch and this fits the flywheel fine, measured the flywheel internal and its 200mm.

So confused now! B) do i have the right flywheel,wrong clutch (215mm) or can i use my flywheel and use the 1.9 gti clutch? or do i need a new flywheel?

Help please!

thanks in advance.

you got the wrong flywheel mate. if its 200mm its just a standard gti flywheel. the mi16 is 215mm.

Edited by pugger

Headling

damn it! i better get searching again! if any one has one please PM me, at least i can use my 215mm clutch!

Sign in to follow this