• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
GazRallye

Weber 32/36?

GazRallye

I know a few of you use the weber DGAS 38, but i've been offered a 32/36 from a bx 1.6, would there be much of an increase in power over the standard solex on my xs?

Bearing in mind the head is ported and polished and i will have a 4 branch on soon shortly

(search returned an error but i'm sure i've seen it mentioned previously)

Jer309GTi
I know a few of you use the weber DGAS 38, but i've been offered a 32/36 from a bx 1.6, would there be much of an increase in power over the standard solex on my xs?

Bearing in mind the head is ported and polished and i will have a 4 branch on soon shortly

(search returned an error but i'm sure i've seen it mentioned previously)

Is that not the same carb as fitted to the 205 1.6 auto?

swordfish210

i'm running one of these and yes it is a worthwhile mod but it must be set up on a rolling road to unleash the full power potential

GazRallye

Have you had it power tested?

What other tweaks have you had done? I've been offered one for a decent price so im pretty tempted.... :(

I think it may be the same as some 405 ones, so could the 1.6 auto uses it as well.

Is it just a bolt on, and are any other mods required such as fuel pump etc?

And did it have a major effect on your fuel comsumption, mines not to great at the minute anyway as my carb hasn't been fettled in a while

Edited by GazRallye

swordfish210

i had it on the dyno the day after i fitted it but i was running like a bag of crap because of me fitting the wrong hose to my vacum advance on the dizzy and the result was a lack of depression, hence, no vacum advance. I have since set the carb up at idle and swapped the hoses around so it runs a lot better now. No i didnt do any mods to the fuelling system, i had to block off the vacum hose in the inlet manifold and i made up a plate and fixed that to the head to fix a return spring to. You will have to make up a brac ket to mount the throtlle housing and cable to. I'll get you some pics of how i did mine, it's quite a simple design and easy to make as long as you can weild a MIG welder.

It's booked it to be set up on a rolling road on the 12th so i'll tell you what it's like after that. The one i'm using is running massivly rich at the moment as it was origionally destined for a Pinto engine and when i'm doing my delivery work the fuel consumtion compared to the old solex went down from 340 miles per tank to 260, but remember it is running very rich. I'll PM you after it's been set up.

GazRallye

Thanks a lot for the advice, i'm still not sure whether to buy it or not, moneys a bit tight, definately tell me how the dyno session goes i'd be very interested :)

TKH

Hello,

I know the AX GTs Solex when ported and setup correctly tend to give better perforce overall than the DGAS. I dont think many people still tune these but try boggy as he was always a wizard with the old AXs.

Sign in to follow this