• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
de Noir

Body Trolley

de Noir

Finally I got time and space to draw some blueprints of body trolley, pictured in my project thread.

Blueprints are result of design simplification, as my trolleys themselves were done by taking measures in metal combining with trial & error system.

When building this, you should leave healthy error margin due to my possible mistakes when taking measures and your craftsman skills.

Any errors found and problems solved, plase refer here.

th_205_trolley_F.jpg th_205_trolley_R.jpg

Short description:

- Frame is designed of box section steel tubes 60x40mm.

- Corner reinforcements and castor wheel mounts are designed of steel plates 5-6mm thick, size can vary depending on chosen wheel size.

- IMPORTANT: Construction is not calculation-proven for load. However it is proven capable of carrying bare shell. DO NOT use in other conditions.

- There are two sets of dimensions on the blueprints, black ones for the frame and dark red ones for body mounting postitions - holes. Red ones are OBLIGATORY. Black ones may differ up to your taste.

- Mounting positions are blueprinted as dash-dot axis crossings and their position is colour coded at the blueprint of the car.

- Stud type is not specified, you should use same size and type as front subframe & rear beam mounting studs. These are size M10 as far I can remember.

- I recommend drilling oval or bigger mounting holes for easier aligning and safety reasons. My trolleys weren't done with this in mind, some holes didn't align with front beam mounting points and were left unused. This had to be fixed before shell on trolleys went to towing truck for safety reasons, real pain in the ass job with the car on the frames.

- Rear frame is bolted the easiest way with studs, nuts and plain washers, rubber cushion between handy option. Front frame studs go directly in factory subframe stud positions, without nuts.

- Upper front frame mounting points (in blueprints mounting point D, orange one), as designed, NEED to have 15-20mm rubber cushion, or add 20mm of height (170mm instead 150mm). It is reccomendable to leave this space free and use rubber, for easier alignment of front frame.

- Blueprints are JPG-s optimized for A3 print. You get scale 1:10 on A3 paper format. (right click + save as)

- Dimensions are in mm.

- AutoCAD files on demand, pm me. Photos in my project topic. Even better would be to create an article out of this.

Enjoy! :D

Edited by MH_

DaveK

Just to add to this i also made my own body trolley based on this design, although i changed it slightly for easier fabrication

My dimensions were slightly different for the rear trolley, but ill post drawings up aswell soon. I made mine slightly higher so the sill is about level with my knee, loads of space for getting under. Also used 205kg capacity castors so no chance of them failing

Here is a couple of pics:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a123/dav.../DSC00630-1.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a123/davekgti/DSC00646.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a123/davekgti/DSC00647.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a123/davekgti/DSC00649.jpg

Dave

de Noir

Top job! :)

Oigen

Another body trolley was made based on MH_ design :)

FRONT:

meet my ugly dog :lol:

26052007097.jpg

26052007098.jpg

26052007105.jpg

And REAR:

26052007107.jpg

260520071101.jpg

Thanks MH_

Best regards,

Oigen

Edited by Oigen