• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy Jazz

Bust Wipers And Its Raining!

Jimmy Jazz

Today I was crusing down a dual carriageway and it was absolutely chucking it down so I had my wipers on full power!!!

The wipers suddenly died and settled down to their sleeping position. This made for an interesting driving experience.

I changed the fuse over and tested the wipers and they were fine - thought I had fixed it.

But when it was raining on the way home and I put my wipers on again they didnt work. So I think something must be blowing the fuse but I dont know what...

If anyone could help me out with whats going on with my car I would be very happy...

J

Pugnut

obviously it could be anythig , but most of the time its the motor thats gone . (water in the casing)

DaveK

The motor is maybe just dying mate. I had this prob in my vectra and when i removed the motor is was pretty much dead

It might not be tho...If you take the wiper motor arms off, ie not the ones with the wiper blade, the ones that are between the wipers and the motor, and check how stiff they are. Yeah im crap at explaining things lol

You should be able to swing them very easily. If they are stiff then they could easily be puttin too much pressure on the motor and blowing the fuse. Give them a wd40 and a bit of grease on the joints and it should be fine.

Worst case u need another wiper motor which u will get at most scrappies for £20

Dave

Edited by DaveK

Jrod

Relay?

Craigb

Rear brake lights are also on that fuse IIRC

fencer

when you tested the wipers you mean that you switched them on from the stalk or did you bypass it?

Sign in to follow this