• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest hearnsy

Best Back To Black For 205 Gti Trim?

Guest hearnsy

The trim on my 91 205 gti is starting to look at little grey. After treating with autoglym it looks quite good but only lasts for a week or so. Im looking for peoples suggestions on the best product to use as its starting to annoy me.

Cheers

David

welshpug

turtlewax bumper gel seems to work well for me, make sure they are clean beforehand and the finish will last longer.

pug-girl

I use Meguires trim detailer - seems to last for ages, and it doesnt make a mess putting it on!!

Banjo

Same as pug girl its great stuff.

GLPoomobile

Channel 5 has less repeats than this forum :o:)

Edited by GLPoomobile

DaveK

there is a good article on the main site that covers painting the bumpers, alot of work but might be worth a thought

called "Bumper and Trim Refurb"

Edited by DaveK

Grim.Badger

I use Carplan Black trim wax because it's p**s easy to use, you basically just apply it and wait for it to set, then give it a light buffing. But until it sets its water soluble so make sure the area is dry.

It lasts for ages as well, normally only coming off when I next clean the car (carplan shampoo seems to lift it slightly :) ) but the bumper never goes completely grey again.

Higgy
Channel 5 has less repeats than this forum :P;)

LOL :D:lol::D

I have mainly been using engine oil.

P.S. Whats better a 1.9 or 2.0 Mi ? Do you need rear compensators? & is my rear beam fcuked?

:ph34r::lol::lol::D

Dream Weaver

Autoglym snot works well.

I also find that Gunk engine degreaser works just as well when I accidently spilt some on my wing mirror :lol:

Guest Stomper
I use Meguires trim detailer - seems to last for ages, and it doesnt make a mess putting it on!!

Does this just shine it up or actually restore the blackness .... i have one that has gone really grey but i tried halfords back to black and it just shined up the grey trim and didnt really restore any colour ... any suggestions ?

Thanks

Gav

Juz

in my experience autoglym bumper restorer lasts the longest and it's effect isn't "washed off" easily.

richard
Does this just shine it up or actually restore the blackness .... i have one that has gone really grey but i tried halfords back to black and it just shined up the grey trim and didnt really restore any colour ... any suggestions ?

Thanks

Gav

Gav, for mine it (meguiars) really brings the black back out and lasts a good few weeks. Autoglym gives some great results, but find that if you dont do it regularly (say every 2week in the summer) it starts fading.

Richie-Van-GTi

WD40 works well.

Sign in to follow this