• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mikeyde

Spraying Costs

mikeyde

Just picked up my new toy and its needing it laquer problems fixed (bonnet and roof)

Just wondering how much i should be looking to pay, ive had a range of quotes and dont know whos dodgy or ripping me off!

The paint/thinners came with the car so would this reduce the cost if i gave it to the sprayer?!

mikeyde

not even an idea?

welshpug

I know my boss got his Dragon Green VR6's bonnet sprayed for £100 all in, so about £100 per panel seeing as its not too dissimilar a size? maybe less if you have the paint, but have you got enough?

Alastairh

Yeah around £200-300

Loads of factors to consider.

WildCards

You need it blending in for a pukka job, which obviously increases the costs.

BERTMAN

i got quoted about £200-300 (cant remember exactly) for rear 1/4 + front panel + engine bay respray

Paintguy

A lot depends on how far you want to go with it, or how much money you're prepared to pay.

If you want just the bonnet and the roof doing, then £100 a panel is reasonable, since there's not too much prep work involved.

However, depending on the colour, you may have a problem getting a 100% match between the bonnet and the wings, so the best option would be to blend the paint over the wing tops (£50-£60 extra)

There are also no natural panel edges on the roof to spray up to. This means the 'paint' would have to be faded out somewhere near the top of the C pillar. This is perfectly acheivable, but is always a bit of a bodge in the long term. You are left with what we call an open blend, where the paint stops in the middle of a panel. Although it may be invisible at the time of painting, once the car has weathered for 6 months or so, the edge may become noticable. Even more so if you ever use any sort of abrasive polish on the car (T cut etc etc).

The 'proper' way around this would be to 'paint' all the way to the bottom of the rear quarters (or at least to the swage line behind the side mouldings), so that you have no open blends. By the time you've done all that, you've nearly painted the entire car! :)

Sign in to follow this