• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest ben19gti

Flywheel Weight

Guest ben19gti

If i was to get my flywheel lightened alone what would i gain would it just rev up faster or would it make it run more lumpy than before because iv took away the weight leaving it wiv not as much momentum ??

smighall

Rev quicker. Stall more as there is less inertia, but only noticeable when cold and just setting off.

Worthwhile mod, i have one on my 306 :)

Guest ben19gti
Rev quicker. Stall more as there is less inertia, but only noticeable when cold and just setting off.

Worthwhile mod, i have one on my 306 :)

Like u said will it only stall occasionally or all the time ? wen cold what will it sound like ie:a bike when the pugs bein nailed

Lastly what sort of weight did u have removed?

smighall

Mine only stalls when pulling out of a parking space for example and only when it's cold. The rest of the time it's a ok.

I bought mine from Q-E-P, can't remember how much was removed.

Guest ben19gti

what does yours sound like compred to a standard 1 is it alot different

brianthemagical

it will sound the same regardless of the rotating mass. it would/may be similar to having different gear ratios, i.e. it may accelerate slightly quicker. the car will only stall if you let it stall, alter your driving style slightly and you'll be fine. it's not from experiance (yet) just general knowledge. xu9 one is 7kg standard, 5kg from QEP.

smighall

Mine will only not stall if i physically hold the revs when moving out of a parking space in the cold. Otherwise the revs just fall all the way and the engine stalls. Sometimes it manages to pick up again just in time.

Sign in to follow this