• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
M_R_205

What Cams And Pullys To Use

M_R_205

there has been a lot of chat on here about what number pulleys work best on the inlet and the exhaust cams, however im completely confused, and due to my lack of knowledge cant figure it out...

anyway i was intending to use standard cams due to the lack of cash but due to circumstances i have just scored about 400 quid.. therefore im going to buy some, however i dont have a clue what to get, basically i have a pug mi16 thats going to be running on R1 carbs and a 4-2-1 manifold (home made), it has a big valve head (36.5 valves), lightened and balanced bottom end and f-wheel, what cams would you guys fit.. also as my budget dosent stretch to vernier pulleys, what number pulleys would you recommend fitting to each cam??

and finally as this engine isnt going into a gti, its going into an xs there is no fuel pump feed to take my fuel pump off, what should i use, i was thinking of finding a swicthed live off the ignition barrel, what do you guys think???

cheers in advance :D

Richie-Van-GTi

for the fuel pump Id take a switched live off ignition running to a relay that has another switched live from coil negative so pump will only be on when engine is firing. Much safer if you stall/crash etc etc.

I have no idea about the cams.

Revla
no ideas?

Try QEP - they are always helpful & dealer of CAT cams......

Baz

PM PeterT, he's doing some good deals on his cams atm, can use std 2/4 pulleys with and offset woodruff key if needed.

Sign in to follow this