• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dicky20014

Rusty Boot Sill

dicky20014

Hi, am new to this forum, just got my first 205 gti :( had quite a few problems with it already tho :(

Probably been covered in the past (I have done searches but havent quite found what im looking for), front and back footwells are wet (taken carpet out), traced to the boot seal. When I lifted the seal off, there is a large area of corrosion on the top drivers side. Carefull scrapping revealed quite a large hole, can someone advise me what to do please, rust treatment? how do I fill the hole in?

Richard

Jrod

Wled in a small plate?

Faz85

If the seals are perished, replacing it would be the best option for preventing any more water entry, but its a little expensive. Cheaper option, if the seals arent too far gone, is to remove them, pump some silicon sealer in the seal gap and replace.

This is what I did on mine, and havnt had a drop enter the boot since.

Faz

dicky20014

cheers, I have filled the hole with filler (don't have welding kit) and put some silicon in the seals, hopefully that should stop it!

richard

Sign in to follow this