• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Michael MRK

1.9 L-jetronic Non O2 Sensor Chipping

Guest Michael MRK

Ok, does anyone know how to chip the 1.9 GTi ECU ???, I'm already chipping for Honda Engines, but the ECU(s) Differs for sure, so anyone know the kind of EPROM, or where its Located in the 1.9 GTI Ecu ? cos I just don't want to open mine and start screwin' things around, cos its really rare to find here...!!

petert

The Jetronic doesn't have a chip. It's all done with resistors. They're an analogue unit. There's so many in the world, I wouldn't worry about finding another. I've modified the O2 version but the non-O2 version is different. Do a search on the net. Someone else would have done it.

But then again, you'd have to ask yourself why do it? The gains are minimal due to the limitations of the air flow meter. And you're only modifying the fuel map. There's a lot more to be gained in the ignition curve.

Edited by petert

Guest Michael MRK

well, if i'm goin to add a cutom turbocharger, then i'll need either to hack through the ecu for the a/f maps, or usin piggybak system, for the ignition, its not like honda which u can advance/retard ur ignition through the ecu map, so it leaves me with either DIS, or just manual advance and retard, and since i'm not gonna make of the 205 a drag race car, and will probably goin to push a just little boost cos goin to run in stock internals (I know it has already a high c/r), so i'll just adjust it manually, with some minor things as plugs and wires, etc..

sonofsam

Or why not use the management from a 406 Turbo, mp3.2 can be remapped, but for your application would probably work without remap, you would need to convert to coilpack though.

It has 02, MAP and knock sensor.

Guest Michael MRK

that'll make me get a MAP sensor also from the 406, cos 205s use AFM, and i guess that the 406 turbo ECU won't read the AFM or will read and give wrong outputs...!!!

but i guess its a way to go, anyone selling 406 Turbo ECU including the MAP and O2 Sensor ????? :(

sonofsam

Yeah exactly, you get to ditch the AFM!

MAP sensor is built into the ECU.

ebay wil be your best bet to be honest, or an online breaker. although you may get lucky with a wanted ad :(

Henry Yorke

The MAP sensor is part of the ECU on the 406 / Citroen XM system and takes a feed from the inlet manifold.

The Mp3.2 is a good system and I have used that on my turbo application. I have yet to remap it, but i have not changed the boost level yet from 0.5 bar

Henry Yorke
mp3.2 can be remapped

Is this just a plug in remap or is it a chipping of the ECU Sam?. I was under the imrpession itis the latter. Also what parameters can be altered and to what advantage? I know the Derv Doctor send them to Collins for chipping and they have all the kit to do normal OBD remaps

sonofsam

Remapped EPROM, so yes 'chipping' have one sitting, waiting to take me to 1bar

Parameters : Ignition and fuel being the main ones, mine has been dynomapped!

So I think the advantages, speak for themselves.

Edited by sonofsam

Guest Michael MRK

that's really great. i'll do some search and hope to find one..

thanks mate :( , i owe you one :(

Henry Yorke
Remapped EPROM, so yes 'chipping' have one sitting, waiting to take me to 1bar

Parameters : Ignition and fuel being the main ones, mine has been dynomapped!

So I think the advantages, speak for themselves.

So by remapping the MAP sensor parameters to run up 1.0 bar before the Boost control kicks in, you have to adjust the fuelling and ignition curves too as the stock ecu won't adapt to these using the knock sensor and lambda sensor etc? Or are the fuelling & ignition curves mapped to suit other mods on your engine. I know the standard principle of chipping on a N/A car where they remove some of the over paranoid tolerances for countries with poor quality fuel and lots of dust.

I suppose what I am asking is "does a bleedvalve do a similar thing by frigging the boost control, but the fuelling and ignition won't tolerate it."

sonofsam

if you use a bleed valve, you will lose boost control and I would not reccomend that :(

Guest Michael MRK

mm, got a question, then why ppl who t/c their 205 is using the afm still, especially if they're usin some other ecu, if u saw any picture for a t/c 205, u'll find the afm attached to the air filter ?!!!!

sonofsam

That would be a Turbo Technics conversion then, wich uses a fifth injector and extra controller for the fuel.

No AFM on my 2Ltr Turbo conversion!

Sign in to follow this