• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
johnnyboy666

Passenger Side Dipped Beam Not Working?

johnnyboy666

ive just had my headlights out to swap my orange indicators for clear ones and now ive put them back in and the passenger side headlight bulb will only work on main beam, the bulb is fine as i tried another one and the connection and fuses seem fine. what do i check next??

thanks in advance

:ph34r:

lagonda

Not clear what you mean when you say you've checked another one.

Firstly I'd check the bulb with a resistance meter as sometimes a filament can appear OK but still not work ... if no meter, just pull the bulb plug on the O/S headlight and plug the suspect bulb in there & see if both filaments light.

If bulb is definitely OK, I'd suspect the bulb plug and check it for corroded terminals. Had this trouble with mine and that's where the problem was.

Failing that, as the main filament lights, you know you have a good (or reasonable!) earth connection, so the fault otherwise has to lie in the live feed to the dip filament from the point in the loom/fusebox where the feed splits to the O/S dip filament. Tracing the individual wire back might be difficult, but you could try flexing the loom with the dip beam on whilst someone watches; if you get a flicker at a certain point then you'll know that's the region where the wire is broken.

johnnyboy666

yeh i did try the bulb in the bulb holder the other side, although magically it has fixed itself after about 5 mins driving so it mustve just been the connector and just vibrated itself good again :ph34r:

jackherer
yeh i did try the bulb in the bulb holder the other side, although magically it has fixed itself after about 5 mins driving so it mustve just been the connector and just vibrated itself good again :ph34r:

Typical peugeot electrics. It'll be fine until its next mot is due when it will vibrate itself loose again :D

Sign in to follow this