• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Richie-Van-GTi

Couple Of Electrical Q's

Richie-Van-GTi

first one, I need 3 ring terminals, large enough to take 25mm square cable (approx 10mm diam). Anyone know where I can source some that arent expensive? Maplins dont do them or local motor factor type places.

Second one, Im running a fuse inline with main battery live wire to kill switch as Im fitting a steel dash and would rather pop a fuse if a cable earths against dash. Any idea's what rating to go for? i was thinking 40 amp but not sure if thats gonna pop when a few things run at once given its the main power wire.

brianthemagical

For the ring terminals try ice places, I think your wire is 4 gauge but Im not sure so don't quote me unless a last resort. I think mine were £5 for a pair.

As regards to the fuse, even high power fuses will pop if the cable gets shorted so put the highest one you need in there. Look for the weakest link in the circuit, props the cable and see what that can take then work out what you will be running and select a fuse that will allow all that to work at once. Its only a fuse so if it pops first try then put a bigger one in (assuming there isn't an electrical fault).

Sign in to follow this