• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jeremy

Putting A Playstation In A Car

jeremy

Ok the dvd player mounted under our people carriers drivers seat has packed up. I was wondering how easy it is to run a PS2 off the cars 12VDC. I realise I will either need to have the unit modified or use an invertor, however I have no idea how successful this would be, and would like a bit of advice on the route I should take.

Thanks

Doof

mp3car.com if really good for car electronics related stuff. I think with a playstation your best bet will be an inverter. For PC's you can get neater PSU's but its costly.

jeremy

Thanks for the replies, from reading one of the links sonofsam gave it seems like there is no real downside to using an invertor (sp) other than it uses more power from the car battery. This idea means I can put it in the caravan too! Whoops did I just admit to owning a caravan on a GTI forum :ph34r::D

inferno
Thanks for the replies, from reading one of the links sonofsam gave it seems like there is no real downside to using an invertor (sp) other than it uses more power from the car battery. This idea means I can put it in the caravan too! Whoops did I just admit to owning a caravan on a GTI forum :ph34r::D

haha thats ok, just dont admit to the towbar on the gti ;)

pug_life

had one in my mk2 golf.... (kt205mi16 watched dvds on it most of rallyday 2005 :ph34r: )

£20 inverter, custom housing bit and a monitor....

DSCF0005.jpg

DSCF0006.jpg

trimmed it in the same material used for rear parcel shelf :D

was cool but kind of wasted lol.

jeremy
haha thats ok, just dont admit to the towbar on the gti :ph34r:

Unless I've misunderstood you, you think I tow a 5 birth caravan on the back of my pug. It is my Kia Sadona that I have a tow bar on, also we have two horse trailers unfortunately due to owning a horse :D;)

Sign in to follow this