• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
van cleef

2l Turbo Conversion

van cleef

Hi i'm seriously cosidering doing the 2l turbo on my 309(i know it's not a 205 :) ).

Here is the problem i've basic knoledge on mechanics but eager to learn but i have never removed or fitted any engine's before.

I know which which engines to use and etc but i'm afraid i might get out of my depth with this and end up not finishing it or wasting my money due to lack of experience.Maybe i should just get the most out of my 1.9 which would be around 150 bhp possibly.

The wiring is probably which is probably the most daunting or is this a job of someone experieced.

Has anybody else done the conversion with the same circumstances as me not knowing what they were getting themselve's into.

Thanks Lee. :)

inferno

theres a button here that u may find extremely useful

SEARCH

just type in turbo or something and ull pull up various recent turbo projects:P

however as theres only a handfull of 309s here, get a 205 rad as it fits snug, any intercooler with pipes out the top of it will also fit with no effort, this is normally the biggest issue when turboing a 205. wiring is nowhere near as daunting as it sounds, and its been covered many times.

brake servo may be an issue, but a smaller unit from another model will sort this out.

van cleef

Thanks i'm still undecided about what to do i've read heaps but it's useless unless you put it into practice.

I even phoned about an engine tonight but it still has a Citroen xn body around it and no way to take it home and nowhere to keep it until was able to get the lump out.

inferno

the other option is to dump your miami 309 somewhere in essex and post me the keys;) dont think any longer about it, just do it! (get the turbo that is:P)

van cleef
the other option is to dump your miami 309 somewhere in essex and post me the keys;) dont think any longer about it, just do it! (get the turbo that is:P)

Hey you pretty funny! :P

Looking at getting an engine now if i can't finish it your coming up here to help. :D

craig f90

Im in the same bother as you. Ive got the 406 turbo and a 205, all i need now is the balls to pull them apart and turbo the 205. But after reading the articles on the forum it seems its nuts and bolts and a few wires. (well so my mate said)Didnt boost my confidence either. my biggest concern is again wasting silly amounts of cash and two dead cars. Especially when ive already spent way too much on the 205. good luck.

if you go through with it.

craig.

max0

Alright mate, i got my 205 about a year ago as a project and to learn more about cars and get my hands dirty etc... beforehand I had only a small amount of knowege (mainly from magazines and crap websites) but always had a intresed in cars/engines etc. The forum has so much info and people who will be able to answer your question within a few mins so knowege isnt a problem.

Im now workin on a turbo project and my knowege about cars / engines is a lot lot better than it was before. Still learning a vast amount too. Many thanks to the help along the way lads :ph34r:

I mainly get second hand parts from ebay or on here and havnt spent that much. £150 for car £150 for engine few hundred on bits and bobs etc

Ive made many friends along the way, as learning about cars, ive never looked back and its very rewarding to see things come together.

My advice is get stuck in, if you get stuck ask questions on here im sure some forum members who are local would pop down and lend a hand for some beer money.

bales

I'd say to go for it, it is quite daunting to start with but if you try and find out what the main problems are for the conversion and then have an idea of how you are going to sort them before you start then you will find it a lot easier.

There is nothing that is really difficult to make work, but there are a lot of little things that need modifying that seems to differ from car to car, however with a bit of thought they are easily do-able.

The wiring is possible the most complex area as there are so many wires that arent needed, however there is more then enough knowledge on the forum so that if you get stuck then someone will be able to help you out which is the great thing about this forum.

van cleef

I would say after considering on not going to do it on several occations just go for it!

I have bought mostly everything i need to do the conversion but i'm planing a house move very soon so it's pointless starting it at the moment and having to move a half started project.

The thing what convinced me to do was learning as much as possible off the site as the more you can take in the more confident you get.

I'm in the construction industry so i had very little knowledge and experience of engine's so just do your homework and just get stuck in.

dee205

There's enough info and help on here to do a half decent job yourself without costing an arm and a leg and still having a good safe reliable conversion. IF you get stuck with anything just do a search. If you can't find what you're looking for just post a topic and i'm 99.99999% sure someone will know how to solve your problem.

Damien

craig f90

MINT :D cheers for the confidence boost guys. and sorry to van cleef for jacking your post. Im gonna make a start very soon (eng out of 406 begins this weekend so ill start a new thread. asking questions and hopefully helping those who get stuck on their project. Thankyou all for your support and warm welome to the forum. :D:(:D

van cleef

No problem. :D

You got me thinking about my project now so i think i'll get round to sticking my new coilover's in very soon.

Sign in to follow this