• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Normski

Yoko A048r

Normski

I'm going to buy a set of these and I want the soft compound.

The question is, are there any markings on the side wall of the tyre which signify the compound?

Also, where is the cheapest place to buy them from? I can get them fitted for £100 each (195/50-15). Will I be able to better that?

Craigb

If they are the same as the 035's

A30 = supersoft

A50 = soft

hengti

i thought the A048s were denoted 'h', 'm', 's', 'ss', 'LTS' etc on the sidewall

i've got some of the previous model A038 tyres that have 'LTS' on the sidewall. LTS stands for Lotus - they were fitted as OE to some Lotus models (as are A048s) - somewhere between medium and soft apparently

£100 each sounds about the going rate though. you might be able to find them cheaper, but not by much i'd say. have you tried Polley Motorsport?

Henry 1.9GTi

i wouldnt get soft, my m8 had the soft compound on his golf and wrecked the front left after 1 trackday.

Normski
i wouldnt get soft, my m8 had the soft compound on his golf and wrecked the front left after 1 trackday.

I'm buying them for cold damp/wet conditions. That's the reason for the soft compound. I have slicks for the dry.

Rippthrough
i thought the A048s were denoted 'h', 'm', 's', 'ss', 'LTS' etc on the sidewall

i've got some of the previous model A038 tyres that have 'LTS' on the sidewall. LTS stands for Lotus - they were fitted as OE to some Lotus models (as are A048s) - somewhere between medium and soft apparently.

They actually have a slightly different construction too.

Henry 1.9GTi

fair doos i didnt know the application so my bad :blink: and yeh it was hot and sunny when we were out on track he had trouble keeping up with me on my £30 road tyres so perhaps a waste of money on his behalf. But there were amazing for the first 3 laps ;)

smckeown

i've got supersoft A048r's. Done 1 hard track day and 1 medium at goodwood..still plenty of life left. You want plenty of negative camber running these. I get mine from polleymotorsport

Normski
i've got supersoft A048r's. Done 1 hard track day and 1 medium at goodwood..still plenty of life left. You want plenty of negative camber running these. I get mine from polleymotorsport

I didn't know they came in supersoft :) . How much are they from polleymotorsport?

I have about -1.5 degrees camber from the 309 front set-up. That seems to work fine with the slicks, they wear pretty evenly across the 'tread'.

VisaGTi16v

As stated above the compound is on the sidewall ie my mediums are M, but ive done about 6000 miles on the road and ~12 sprints with them and still just about legal so get S or SS for sure!

Your other option is some cheap slicks with heavy cuts in. Then they will warm up quicker and wont matter so much if technically a harder compound. Looks for eome rally Dunlop CR311's I think they are, X21 is the softest compound, X8 is harder etc. I run cut X22's (replaced by 21 in catalogue now) on my sprint car which are fine in the dry and great in the wet as well. I drive to events so cant take 8 wheels with me in the car heh. 48r's are good in the damp but struggle a bit if standing water due to the low cuts if you can call them that and will aqua plane a bit but no more than other 1B tyres

Edited by VisaGTi16v

hengti

also may be worth considering A021Rs - ?

Sign in to follow this