• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Kriss

The 1,4i Tu

Kriss

As the title suggests, got a 205 1.4i for £220, goes well, but a bit lacking in the power department. I was just wondering what stuff is out there to give it a bit more go. It's getting a 1.1 straight through pipe, stainless back box and green filters replacement element air filter. Just wonderinbg what else could be done. My mate has suggested carbs.

bren_1.3

generic reply................

List of parts to buy.....

exhaust manifold

cam

port work

carbs

throttle bodies

block decking

cylinder head skim

List of things to do....stop driving in a straight line. 100 bhp down the twisties is more than enough.

N.B generic reply to search the TU section on tuning options....

calvinhorse

turbo

Jrod

Supercharger...

swordfish210

if its a single point injection model then junk that and go for a multi point set up, its cheap and easy to fit and an instant gain

Enfield

Is it a 1.4 GT with single point bosch injection yeah?

The best mod I did for that car was fit a universal cone air filter to it upside in the original filter housing.

The difference was very noticeable, not to mention the noise...

Kriss

well, i work in a parts shop, that would be a cheap option for me. Yes it's single point bosch injection. Got a new problem now however, it decided to jump out of 3rd and 4th gear last night. Only happened on rough roads, think it might have something to do with the fact the clutch pedal seems really stick. Could anyone clarify this for me

Jrod

Low gearbox oil?

Knackered engine mounts?

Kriss

i've got it sussed. It's the gear linkage. Need to adjust the clutch cable aswell

Guest inflames

is the 1.4i 100bhp? ive got the same but a '94 205 sceptre, starting to realise after changing backbox for straight through, that its loosing power the more i do to it! any ideas?

swordfish210

the 1.4i with single point injection was rated at 75bhp but with multi point injection (as used in AX GTI's) it was 100bhp

johnnyboy666

you definately need to get some go faster stripes on it if you want any real power ;)

bren_1.3
is the 1.4i 100bhp? ive got the same but a '94 205 sceptre, starting to realise after changing backbox for straight through, that its loosing power the more i do to it! any ideas?

yeh stop messing with it ;):wub::wub:

Sign in to follow this