• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
de Noir

Drivers Door Lock Problem

de Noir

Has anyone encountered the following issue:

Drivers door opens by itself during the drive. This happened many times on a straight but more so in right corners/turnings: This was both nasty and funny: I had to steer right AND grab to the left for the door which just opened and gone wide! :unsure::D

When locked, everything was fine. And almost forgot, door had worn door pins and closed properly after many "forced negotiations". I'm about to assemble the doors back and would like to take care of it. Pins are new and door now aligns perfectly.

Is this a door-lock thing, lock-door alignment thing or an opening handle spring gone weak?

pug_ham

Probably a lock or door handle thing.

I've known the passenger side door handles to stick making them difficult to lock / unlock the door but this was on car that hardly had a passenger in so they were rarely used.

Take the handle off the door & clean / oil the mechanism on the back of the handle so it moves effortlessly & spray some oil in the lock.

Graham.

de Noir

Thanks for the tip, I was about to do exactly the same thing. Clean and oil everything and assemble. If still no good, I have two more locks from broken 309 in the stash, they were fine at the time.

Sign in to follow this