• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mloncar

Falken Vs Yokohama Vs Toyo

mloncar

I'm need new summer tyres for my car. The dimension is 175/60-13. I can choose between Toyo CF-1, Yokohama A-539 and Falken ZE-512.. ..the price is almost the same (arround 50). Which one is the best one?

PS: I'm searcing for tyres with best grip in dry and wet, since I don't have "grandma" style of driving :P

hengti

haven't tried either of the Toyo or Falken models you've named (but rate both of them as a manufacturer as i've tried both on a previous car) - but i can recommend a539s

i'm biased as i like them alot - there's plenty of contrary opinion about them though. alot of people seem to think they're dangerous in the wet, but i've honestly not noticed a particular problem with them. there might be better wet tyres, but i've just always managed to slow down ...

they're cheap, last ages and grip well. they seem to be a popular choice of road tyre for sprints too.

Richie-Van-GTi

ive had the falken and the yokos, yoko I found dangerous in wet but fantastic in dry, falken were average all rounders. If the toyo cf1 is anything like the t1s or t1r then Id have them over the other 2 anyday.

rally ax

I've used all 3 on various cars and would say that the 539 yoko's and the 512 Falkens are C**p in the wet,I've got nothing but praise for the Toyo CF-1's ,very good all rounder that doesn't scare you sh**less in the wet ! :unsure: ,,,but like every thing else ,its horses for courses

hodgy

ive had thr yoko's and soon as its damp or wet you can forget turning or setting off.never had any falkons but ive had plenty of toyo's so id go for them especially as there cheap. i got 4 toyo t1s for £130 (195/50/r15)

Alastairh

I've had yokos, in the dry, great, wet, forget about it!

Gibbo GTI

I'm currently using Toyo T1R's and I have to say that i'm not that impressed with them. The sidewall is very soft giving plenty of flex when driving in a spirited manner. If you could go a little higher on the price, have a look at Bridgestone Potenza RE040

Gibbo GTI

Ignore my tyre recommendation as i've just checked and they don't do them in the size you need, sorry.

rally ax

I've used Toyo T1-S on the wifes old car with good results but I've a mate who had also used the T1-S's replaced them with T1-R's and was most dissapointed,,,totally different tyre he said .

mloncar

I talked with my friend and I got lots of information. CF-1 is one level lower than T1S/T1R, CF-1s have very soft side wall. Falken and Yokohama are both good in dry weather, but not so great at wet, but still Falkens just to be better. Also the price is on Falken's side, so I'll probably buy Falken ZE-512 tyres.

Thanks for help

Maerten

I'm very happy with my falken ZE-512's. It's a good alrounder and they are more progressive in the way they lose and obtain grip, which makes me prefer them over the Goodyear Eagle F1 (which everyone here seems to rate highly, even though its not on your list)

swordfish210

i'm using A539's on my 205 and they are very good in the dry but appaling in the wet, might as well be on slicks. I'd go with the toyo's if i was you

Juz

i'd just like to add my vote for toyo. when the choice of tyres is upto me i won't have anything else, they are so grippy in any conditions. they do wear quick sure - but who cares? the tyres are the main thing keeping you and your car in contact with the road, i'd rather have the best grip possible and replace them more often than i would less grip and them last longer :wub:

Ahl
i'd just like to add my vote for toyo. when the choice of tyres is upto me i won't have anything else, they are so grippy in any conditions. they do wear quick sure - but who cares? the tyres are the main thing keeping you and your car in contact with the road, i'd rather have the best grip possible and replace them more often than i would less grip and them last longer :wub:

You need to try Goodyear Eagles.

Gibbo GTI
i'd just like to add my vote for toyo. when the choice of tyres is upto me i won't have anything else, they are so grippy in any conditions. they do wear quick sure - but who cares? the tyres are the main thing keeping you and your car in contact with the road, i'd rather have the best grip possible and replace them more often than i would less grip and them last longer :lol:

You obviously don't have a heavy right foot then. I find the Toyo T1-R's rubbish in the wet, have to really feather the throttle so carefully to avoid wheelspin when setting off or during in-gear accelleration in the 1st 3 gears. Bridgestone Potenza's far superior for very little extra.

Juz

i have had goodyear eagles on a couple of cars and was never that blown away. with a massive budget for tyres i prefer continental contisport contact over goodyear... and even then i only go for those when i can't get toyo in the size i want :lol:

oli-pug

another vote for eagle f1's. can't fault em!

plus they're cheap aswell

mloncar

I'll go with Falken ZE-512 (175/60-13) for daily use and I've found so very cheap new Yokohamas A-032R SS (185/55-14) for autoslaloms for about 35€ per tyre (I just have to get them from Austria to Slovenia) :)

Edited by mloncar

Sign in to follow this