• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Henry Yorke

Xu10j/2te With Tt Manifold And T3+?

inferno
I would like to know a bit more about the Apexi S-AFC II it seems cheap but its proven to work on a 2.0t with 300hp its convinced me into buying one!

Im gessing you have to solder some wires onto the circuit board in the ecu?

300hp who needs 16 valves!

ditto!

johnrobertgordon

Would someone please explain to me what you would do with a 300bhp 205? I remember driving my turbo with 1 bar and that was just silly trying to put the power down, and christ at 1 bar it was probrably what, 180-200bhp??

Sorry for going a little off topic.

mabe I should start a new thread, "Whats the point in a 300bhp 205?"

John

GLPoomobile
Would someone please explain to me what you would do with a 300bhp 205?

Have some mental fun :)

mabe I should start a new thread, "Whats the point in a 300bhp 205?"

Maybe you should tuck yourself up in bed with a nice warm mug of Horlicks :blush::(:)

On a serious note though, am I reading this correctly? Are people talking about acheiving circa 300bhp from 'relatively' straight forward tuning on a 2.0 8 valve? Maybe I'm just being cynical but I just don't see it. Ok, maybe it is possible with a fair amount of boost, but will the engine last and how tractible is that power going to be? The reason I say this is you only have to look at some of the modern 4 cylinder turbo engines and what they put out. For example, Mitsubishi's EVO engines put out just over 300bhp in various states of tune, but that is a 16V variable valve timing engine with years of evolution, developement and some of the best technology around etc etc etc. And even then, from what I've read about them they aren't exactly the nicest to drive due to turbo lag. I mean why bother with all those millions of pounds of developement when all they needed to do was get an old French 8V and apply some back yard tuning?

welshpug

but then how much backyard tuning ggets done to skylines to easily reach 400bhp over the norm of 280?

standard T16 engine can hit upwards of 500 with the right fuelling so I cant see why an 8v cant hit 300!

plus its been done before :blush:

peter
I mean why bother with all those millions of pounds of developement when all they needed to do was get an old French 8V and apply some back yard tuning?
:blush:

I can see your point but there are an endless amounts of 2.0 8v turbo engines to replace the one that probably will go bang running 300bhp The evo engine has to last what? 100k miles reliably?

The same with the veyron why is it so expensive when you could just build a 1000hp rb26 for less than 40grand?

I havent seen a 500hp T16 though but there is that 1.6 cvh that is 440hp!!

welshpug
I havent seen a 500hp T16 though

err? where have you been then? EVO2, pikes peak, DAKAR ETC? all 450bhp+ T16's

sonofsam
I remember driving my turbo with 1 bar and that was just silly trying to put the power down.

John

Maybe the fact you were using a bleed valve might have something to do with it :unsure: It is not boost control!

peter

Oh yes i did see one on the way to the shops this morning,

This is a 205 forum and there isnt any on here 440bhp is the closest i think which is what i would call a t16 engine the ones fitted to the group B rally cars are closer to a f1 engine than what we are talking about...

Henry Yorke
Is anyone actually running this set up......

mine is booked for mapping on april 16th so will will be running soon :unsure:

Tom nearly is and Martijn is and has 300 bhp using the standard Mp3.2 with an Apexi SAFC controller. Anyone else?

Henry,

Why do you have the dumpvalve so far away from the throttlebody?

Now it gets the full hot air from the turbo, (now it can burn up)

here in the Netherlands on some turbo 205's, i see the dumpvalve between

the throttlebody and the outlet (cooler air) from the i.c.!

grtz, Raymond

Trying not to go off topic, but that is where it was on the 406 and I have little room between TB and cold side of the intercooler as I wanted to keep the pipework short to reduce lag. If I disconnect the Dump valve, I get turbine stall and chatter, so I do need one for turbo life as opposed to more power :D

tom_m
I would like to know a bit more about the Apexi S-AFC II it seems cheap but its proven to work on a 2.0t with 300hp its convinced me into buying one!

Im gessing you have to solder some wires onto the circuit board in the ecu?

300hp who needs 16 valves!

the safc is just a fuel computer, it intcercepts signals from the ecu's sensors and 'adjusts' them to fool the ecu into providing the right fueling and boost levels for your engine. its a piggy back mappable unit.

however as with any mappable thing its only as good as the guy mapping it. and once you've spent £300 on the safc and and another 300 getting the thing mapped you've spent nearly as much as you would have on a mappable ecu. so for a more elegant solution i'd be buying a propper ecu in the first place :unsure:

Edited by tom_m

Henry Yorke

You can apparently put a Motorola MAP sensor into the the MP3.2 that will run above 1 bar and then remap it. This has been done a lot in Germany I believe. The rest of the ECU is pretty good AFAIK and effectively self optimises if all your sensors are working properly!.

Sam
Oh yes i did see one on the way to the shops this morning,

This is a 205 forum and there isnt any on here 440bhp is the closest i think which is what i would call a t16 engine the ones fitted to the group B rally cars are closer to a f1 engine than what we are talking about...

There was a guy on here called magic that had a 441bhp T16 lump in his 205 CTI.

inferno

what inectors are ppl using with these 300bhp moters?!

Henry Yorke
There was a guy on here called magic that had a 441bhp T16 lump in his 205 CTI.

There was a full feature on it in Toque mag! Magic has now sold it an moved country :( The CTI nearly made it to the UK, but was not in a particularly tidy state at the time!!

gti_al

Australia! He is in brisbane building something else silly... He posted a link to that article the other day - bloody impressive car.

Ant

Well ive killed my Standard turbo and it seems like dead money buying another 1 when i want more bhp..

Ive done a fair bit of research and correct me if i'm wrong, but from what i read initial limiting factor is the boost / ecu, then after 180bhp the manifold and injectors become an issue.

So for about 200bhp which i will be more than happy with, is it a case of an ecu remap ( using standard ecu ) from a company like derv doctor - £250 or there abouts

Then a set of better injectors. I think Jacobs posted a while back about Saab injectors. - £50 off ebay ???

Then a new manifold and turbo.. T28/ T3 ?

Manifold wise, 205 Parts do a TT replica

£230 + delivery

turbomanifold1.jpg

or DP engineering do a love collector - 559 euros + delivery

xu_8v_turbo_rvs_1_thumb.jpg

xu_8v_turbo_rvs_21_thumb.jpg

Or there was the DIY jobby on 205turbo.nl

Spruitstuknw6.JPG

Spruitstuknw7.JPG

I am inclined to have a hack at the DIY route.. But does anyone know the diameter of the pipes.. Are they 1" or 1.5" ?

What does everybody else think ?

tom_m

for the money and ease of installation i'd go with a 205 parts manifold

Edited by tom_m

sonofsam

Would agree with Tom.

Saab 9000 red's go from between £50-£100, as I have been watching a few sets :lol:

Depending on your budget really regarding the turbo, you may get likely like me though, only paid £90 for my T3 wich was rebuilt 500 miles ago. T3's seem to be perfect for 2litre engine's from what I've been reading.

Custom DIY manifold would be an excellent challange , and be very job satisfying, if you can make it in one go so to speak, otherwise it may end up costing you more than a 205 parts jobbie, and not saying anything against your welding mate, but it may not last as long.

@ a guess those pipes on that DIY manifold look about 1.75" , but there is nothing stopping you having a good go at it though ;)

inferno

well i can give your the dimensions of that diy job and more piccys if you like, as thats now under my bonnet :lol:

it isnt a perfect fit, read my project thread. ideally the t3 flange needs to be higher and closer the the head and angled toward the front of the car by around 30degrees. it was designed around a LHD car. ill be wrapping it up though so if it lasts a year or 2 im happy and will then go with a DP manifold.

also the red injectors fiasco lol, i thought i was winning that set at £77 but they pipped my 99£ bid ;) i have a set of fiat coupe 16v 384cc injectors on the way. whats really good is they cost me £40, and the standard 2litre turbo injectors easily fetch 80-120 being the 701 beiges that fiesta turbo boys cream there pants over:P

Hilgie

get some Bosch 440cc ones (Ford Racing) cheap and enough fuel to get to 300bhp

tom_m

its also worth noting that the 205parts manifold is a T2 (T25) flange, not a T3 flange.

Ant

inferno,

can you send me them measurments please.. Have you had to lose the servo and MC then ? Seems like a lot of hassle..

inferno

yep i had to use a bias pedal box to make it fit.

Ant

Had another look at the 205turbo.nl site and saw this 16V manifold.

This looks even easier to makre than the 8v love collector manifold

16v%20spruit%207.JPG

16v%20spruit%204.JPG

Following infernos comments about the manifold hitting the MC / servo, what are the limitations of relocating the battery, and making this manifold for the 8v lump ?

I think i read that the distance causes heat loss, but is that a major issue ?

What do people think

Cheers

Ant

no opinions on this ? ;)

Sign in to follow this