• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Henry Yorke

Xu10j/2te With Tt Manifold And T3+?

Henry Yorke

Just a curious question, sparked by another post. Everyone talks about it and how restrictive the standard exhaust manifold and turbo are and you should go and buy T3's rs from a dutch love collector etc (or have I got that jumbled up? :o ). Is anyone actually running this set up and what are the benefits they have experienced, if any?

Last time I asked a similar question on the Megasquirt, I found only one person with a running version on a turbo!!

Mikey S

i would be very interested to hear peoples views on this. i know that space is an issue on this conversion and that the standard t25 touchs the master cylinder as it is.

i suppose the ultimate would be an dp engineering manifold and a t3 or equivelent, but i dont have an endless source of cash! (read: kids!!) :o:D

peter

I will be fitting a tt manifold an a t25 very shortly,Just recived the last few parts this week.Not as simple as you would think,Custom turbo elbow oil feed and return.It is basicaly like turboing a n/a car!

Mine will be running on the standard ecu for now not realy hoping for any huge increase in bhp due to the ecu but if the standard manifold is so bad the tt one should at least help spool up

I dont know of anyone that has actualy completed this setup just lots of people listing parts in there signature lol

sonofsam
Xu10j/2te With Tt Manifold And T3+?, Anyone actually running this?

Ask me again in six months time, and I maybe able to say yes :D @ 1bar should make for some almighty fun!

Although Hilgie posted a link to someone running a T3 with custom manifold @ 1.65bar near on 300hp :o

Henry Yorke
I dont know of anyone that has actualy completed this setup just lots of people listing parts in there signature lol

lol! That is what i noticed too!

i know that space is an issue on this conversion and that the standard t25 touchs the master cylinder as it is.

I run the XU9J engine with a 406 manifold and a 406 T25 and have no turbo to master cyl problems. I have a solid bottom engine mount though pic

peter

Has anyone got that link hilgie posted of the near 300bhp car?

I have no problems with the turbo touching the master cylinder,the plastic intake pipe does touch it slightly and the compressor touches the servo but i have a standard mount will be uprating shortly

inferno

ask me when u see me at the south meet :o (pile the pressure on..) if not im sure ill have some figures on here shortly afterwards. although my only other xu turbo was also an rgy, it was in a heavier zx, so i may have to rely on a rolling road as its bound to be faster in a 205.

hilgies link?

Edited by inferno

sonofsam

Yep thats the one Inferno, couldnt find it!

Is anyone actually running this set up and what are the benefits they have experienced, if any?

lol

inferno

more importantly who can translate it?! this runs a standard ecu with tweaks doesnt it? and what rads that?

sonofsam

I have a friend in the Dutch quarter.

Henry Yorke
Is anyone actually running this set up and what are the benefits they have experienced, if any?

That is not the TT setup though is it?

tom_m

mine is booked for mapping on april 16th so will will be running soon :o

Edited by tom_m

Guest Ray205S16

Henry,

Why do you have the dumpvalve so far away from the throttlebody?

Now it gets the full hot air from the turbo, (now it can burn up)

here in the Netherlands on some turbo 205's, i see the dumpvalve between

the throttlebody and the outlet (cooler air) from the i.c.!

grtz, Raymond

Edited by Ray205S16

sonofsam
That is not the TT setup though is it?

Who's, what the link Inferno posted?

here in the Netherlands on some turbo 205's, i see the dumpvalve between

the throttlebody and the outlet (cooler air) from the i.c.!

That is where my DV is positioned, although we did have quite a big discusion about this a while back

and the general feeling was, it doesnt make that much difference. You dont really need a dump valve

anyway unless your running 1bar or over imo.

Glad to hear it tom_m :o

bales

If you use a T3 can you rotate the compressor housing so that the boost pipes run over the engine, and as the standard T25 has the wastegate in the exhaust elbow (the same as in an RST) then you are also going to need a elbow that matches the downpipe like a TT one.

Is possible to buy a TT turbo elbow that mates up to the standard downpipe?

sonofsam

I dont think you will be able to buy a TT one off the shelf so to speak.

Maybe this topic will help http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...c=61335&hl=

I plan to use the T3 as is, and have the boost pipes running underneath the engine, this is all speculation mind you as god knows what problems this may throw up, when I actually come to fit :P

Hilgie
Who's, what the link Inferno posted?

Martijn Vossen. He runs two cars with the 2.0T. One is his trusty CTi, the other one his trackday 205. The trackday runs a bog standard 2.0T engine with a DP exhaust manifold and a T3 turbo. Power output is just over 300bhp.

He runs the standard ECU with an Apexi SAFC to allow it to run over 1 bar (fools MAP sensor) and adjust fueling likewise.

tom_m
If you use a T3 can you rotate the compressor housing so that the boost pipes run over the engine, and as the standard T25 has the wastegate in the exhaust elbow (the same as in an RST) then you are also going to need a elbow that matches the downpipe like a TT one.

Is possible to buy a TT turbo elbow that mates up to the standard downpipe?

i've done this, check the links in my sig for some piccies of my goodies. i should really get round to doing a dry fit one of these days.

I dont think you will be able to buy a TT one off the shelf so to speak.

not a standard tt elbow no, i've been looking for one for a while, the only ones i've see are ones that people have as part of complete kits and don't want to split :P

you can buy flanges and universal exhaust parts and build your own, this is how mine is being made.

sonofsam

Have been looking at the universal flanges myself, think it's the way to go. Do you have any UK company link's tom please.

Although 'turbo elbow' on ebay brings up some very shiny gear!?

tom_m
Have been looking at the universal flanges myself, think it's the way to go. Do you have any UK company link's tom please.

Although 'turbo elbow' on ebay brings up some very shiny gear!?

i'm using a v band collector to a 90 degree bend.

the vband collector i got from AET Turbos and they also do universal flanges.

the v-bands i got from ebay (you can get universal flanges on ebay sometimes too)

and the 90 elbow from Jetex.

I've just gotta get the whole lot welded together and fit a compensator end to suit the exhaust.

not the prettiest solution, but certainly one that can be tailored to suit the application.

Edited by tom_m

inferno
Martijn Vossen. He runs two cars with the 2.0T. One is his trusty CTi, the other one his trackday 205. The trackday runs a bog standard 2.0T engine with a DP exhaust manifold and a T3 turbo. Power output is just over 300bhp.

He runs the standard ECU with an Apexi SAFC to allow it to run over 1 bar (fools MAP sensor) and adjust fueling likewise.

hilgie any chance of a translation on that link and a bit more info on this apexi system? what boost does he run?

sonofsam

Hilgie said he was running 1.65bar as far as he knew :P

Apexi S-AFC II Super Air Flow Converter is a fuel computer that adjusts fuel/air ratio by modifying the air-flow meter/MAP sensor signal.

I'll get you a full translation mate :D

Hilgie

yeah...either 1.3 or 1.6 bar....not really sure, but I can ask him.

peter

I would like to know a bit more about the Apexi S-AFC II it seems cheap but its proven to work on a 2.0t with 300hp its convinced me into buying one!

Im gessing you have to solder some wires onto the circuit board in the ecu?

300hp who needs 16 valves!

Sign in to follow this