• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pee vee

Bucket/race Seats In A 205

pee vee

Hi all.

just wondering what everyone does when they get rid of the OE seats in a 205 as reguards

Seatbelts.

im looking at getting some Cobra Imolas, and some side mounts for them.

but looking at the original seat, the seatbelt buckle bolts onto the original Pug Seat subframe.

so, how do you mount harness's with sidemounts/bucket seats? and can you use normal seatbelts

with bucket/race seats?? as harnesses seem a bit much for road use!!

Any info would be great! thanks!

Phil

(i did do a search but found nothing lol)

steve031286

Are you looking at fitting 3,4 or 5 point harnesses?

I have 3 points in my pug. i bolted one side where the orginal seat belt runner bolted to the chassis. The side (button side) to the seat subframe. and the top strapes to the rear seat belt top mount.

Very safe! Looks wicked! :ph34r:

steve

Jrod

Go through the floor with an eye bolt and then a plate underneath the car.

Can buy the plates on ebay etc for next to nothing.

pee vee

Thanks guys!

i'll be looking into it soon!

smckeown

also combine a cage with harness bars

swordfish210

i'm using securon 3-point harnesses and i bolted the rear mount in to the original hole for the rear seats as its probably the strongest mounting point on the car and i put a nut on the back of it, then i mounted the door side point in to the original seatbelt mounting bu the base of the b-pillar and for the last one i drilled a hole in the floor by the handbrake and put a bolt through there and made up some plates to go underneath which match the contours of the floorpan and then bolted them in with a nut as well. excelent :ph34r:

Edited by swordfish210

max0

off topic - but do you have the seatbelt buckles still as i'm after a passenger late model one as its not keeping the belt in. Thanks

Edited by max0

pug_ham

This is how I did it on mine. :o

No problems so far.

Graham.

tom_m

I drilled a hole through the exhaust tunnel behind the handbrake and used the twinned rear seat belt buckles from the 306 which i bolted in with a strengthening plates.

no problems so far and passed an mot with them like this.

Edited by tom_m

oli-pug
off topic - but do you have the seatbelt buckles still as i'm after a passenger late model one as its not keeping the belt in. Thanks

i had this problem a while ago mate. sorted it by spraying a s*ite load of wd40 inside and wiggling a screwdriver about then pressing the button loads, worked fine since :P:D

Sign in to follow this