• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
lyncho23

1.9 Zx Volcane Engine

lyncho23

hi

can anyone tell me what injection system the zx 1.9 valcane's use? ive bought an engine from one to put in my car but im just going to be using the jetronic injection for it so il be selling the other bits for the zx engine, i just need to know the injection system they use so i can post some bits

thanks for your help

darren

dead205

Hello, the zx volcane uses the Bosch motronic mp3.1 system. It is quite a good upgrade to the jetronic system if you can take the time to set it all up.

Do a search on here before you offer it all for sale - you might want to keep it for yourself.

Mark

VisaGTi16v

There were 2 versions of the 1.9i Volcane (and later it was the 2 litre 8v). The first was the 130bhp as found in the 205, this was sold for only 6 months or something then they had the cat for a while so ~123bhp before moving to the 2.0. Not sure what injection system without digging out my old manual but possibly different depending on cat or not

pug_ham

The 2.0i ZX Volcane has Magnet Marelli MM8P fitted.

Graham.

Anthony
There were 2 versions of the 1.9i Volcane (and later it was the 2 litre 8v). The first was the 130bhp as found in the 205, this was sold for only 6 months or something then they had the cat for a while so ~123bhp before moving to the 2.0. Not sure what injection system without digging out my old manual but possibly different depending on cat or not

Not quite true - the 130hp models were sold between 1991/H and 1992/K reg, and the subsequent Volcanes were the 2.0 models. I've never personally seen a 1.9 CAT Volcane, although I'm sure they were atleast an optional extra like they were on Phase 2 205's.

lyncho23

thanks for your replys,

the engine is a 1.9 alloy block, not sure of the year though,

im having few problems with the jetronic dizzy, basically it wont fit :blink:

lyncho23

also how would i know if my engine was the cat or non cat?

Anthony
the engine is a 1.9 alloy block, not sure of the year though,

im having few problems with the jetronic dizzy, basically it wont fit :blink:

It fits fine (I've done it) but you'll need to swap the thermostat housing over (otherwise you've nothing to attach the dizzy to) and it's easier if you swap the complete manifold over as well

also how would i know if my engine was the cat or non cat?

D6E is the code on the tag for the non-CAT engine.

lyncho23

thanks ive just checked and the code is d6e

would it make any difference if im using the thermostat housing from a 1.6?

theres about a 5mm gap between the dizzy and the housing?

Anthony

1.6 stuff fits fine - that's what was used in this particular conversion (I had a ZX engine kicking about and a 1.6 with a blown engine, so just swapped everything from the 1.9 onto the bare ZX lump) and it all bolted straight up.

Stupid question, but you have got the drive for the dizzy engaged with the (offset) grove in the cam, haven't you? If you haven't, then that'll give you ~5mm gap between the 'stat housing and the dizzy...

lyncho23

yea as far as i know, ive turned it until it locks in, i thought it just mite of needed easing on but ended up breaking the dizzy

lyncho23

sorry for waisting everybodies time!

ive just been out to have another go, i turned the dizzy drive 180 degrees and it slipped straight on!!! :blink:

what a ediot i am.

anyway thanks again for you help anthony.

darren

Sign in to follow this