• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

2238cc Mi Dyno Results

TB_205GTI

Nice to see the results Sandy - too many just sit behind the desk and claim they are better than all the rest, but in the end you never see results from them..

Sandy

Testing's going to be done locally now, to many things to finish up and not enough time without rushing. We all know everything takes twice as long when you hurry.

Anyhow, here are the full DIN corrected Dyno figures, the figures are rounded so the correlation between torque and bhp might not appear exact:

RPM---lbft---bhp

3000---161---92

3500---163---109

4000---175---133

4500---181---155

5000---201---191

5500---194---205

6000---196---224

6500---191---235

7000---180---239

7500---167---236

Maybe one of you excel wizards can graph that?

smckeown
Testing's going to be done locally now, to many things to finish up and not enough time without rushing. We all know everything takes twice as long when you hurry.

Anyhow, here are the full DIN corrected Dyno figures, the figures are rounded so the correlation between torque and bhp might not appear exact:

RPM---lbft---bhp

3000---161---92

3500---163---109

4000---175---133

4500---181---155

5000---201---191

5500---194---205

6000---196---224

6500---191---235

7000---180---239

7500---167---236

Maybe one of you excel wizards can graph that?

2238cc_colin_satchell.gif

Sweet Curves

Sandy

Good man yourself!

John_B

I'm no expert but that looks like a hell of a good torque curve.

welshpug
I'm no expert but that looks like a hell of a good torque curve.

I think its more of a Line than a curve, top job there :blink: lets just hope the rain sods off for the morning.

Sandy

Doh, you missed what I said earlier! We're not going now, Llandow's unavailable tomorrow and Friday wouldn't leave us any spare time, so it's going to be done locally to give us as much time as possible to make sure everything's right. :blink:

Sandy

Running in the car at last! Here's a video with 8" slicks on a wet, slightly muddy and and poorly surfaced farm lane (perfect practice for the hills :D ). Gearing is 4.4 FDR to help you relate!

http://temp.noboost.com/sandy/205Mi2238.wmv

Edited by sandy309

welshpug
:D he looks a bit scared does that driver!

jackherer

wow thats very impressive, I like that gearstick too!

smckeown

That certainly looks a handful. For such a massive power range most of the time he seems to be short shifting, maybe that's because of the conditions.

Sandy

He is revving it out (look at the shiftlight), it just gets through each gear that quickly that it seems like short shifting!), Stig in his civvies btw :D

Sandy
:D he looks a bit scared does that driver!

Can't blame him, I didn't want to drive it!

eeyore

that gearlinkage is available as a kit now!

smckeown
that gearlinkage is available as a kit now!

Welcome to the forum Mr. Satchell :D I was expecting you to be an old giffer, no idea you were under 30 :ph34r:

eeyore

ive just turned 21 again

Sandy

You're as old as the woman... :ph34r:

VisaGTi16v

Thats interesting. Everyone I know seems to think I turned 30 a few weeks back even though I keep insisting I am 24 (again) :ph34r:

sorrentoaddict

a nice scary 205, that one !

and the cost of the gearshift kit ?

eeyore

£320 plus postage, you need to weld a couple of mounts on to the subframe, which are supplied.

Guest andymr

As the proud owner of this beast it's now back in France. I have not driven it yet, planning to take it to the circuit in Bordeaux soon. Colin and Sandy have done a fantastic job, thanks again guys.

I plan to run it in the French hillclimb championships, this should be fun as they vary in length from 5 to 10k!*!. Will post a run video when i've done the first event, if I survive.

BTW if anyone is not impressed with Sandy's video you should see the track condition, ie not race track but farm track!.

Consider this scenario, average driver + Ballast (I'm 20 stones!) + over 50 + dodgy ticker + heavy right foot + addiction to hillclimb + the Beast

Watch this space if i'm about!*!* I'll let you know

Andy

Guest andymr

Should have added if you guys need a race or track day engine built, Colin's your man, no one better in my opinion.

Andy

danpug

And much better value than most.

Sandy

Good luck with it Andy, i'm glad I didn't have to test it, the surface was truly horrid and Colin did look a bit pale when he got back! Enjoy it and good luck again!

Sign in to follow this