• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
brianthemagical

It's Turnig Over, Catching But Not Staying On.

brianthemagical

it's a 1.3 in a 309. it's turning over fine and will catch when its turning over but as soon as the starter is stopped it dies. two of the ht leads are arcing from the top of the plugs to the head. i also took the air filter of and after a coulpe of cranks a fireball came out. i had a look but can't work anything out, any ideas? i am looking to buy the car so i don't want to be spending much on a may be but if it is easy to fix i'll get it towed home. thanks in advance.

i have done a search but couldn't find anything. does anyone know the correct positions for the ht leads?

there does apper to be a strong spark (using them things that go in line with the lead and then flash).

Edited by brianthemagical

newdean0

Could possibly be failed spark plugs? the fact it's arcing from the top of the plug to the head would indicate that the connection inside the plug is broken so the voltage is leaking across the next easiest path through the air to the head.

RossD
Could possibly be failed spark plugs? the fact it's arcing from the top of the plug to the head would indicate that the connection inside the plug is broken so the voltage is leaking across the next easiest path through the air to the head.

That or the HT leads are on the wrong cylinders?

Sign in to follow this