• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
djinuk

Trouble Shooting With A Stalling 1360tu

djinuk

I am looking for some advice on the problems I am having. The car has only recently started doing this, but during normal driving or fast driving (it doesnt seem to matter) the car slows down and stalls at random intervals say once every 10 mins, there seems to be no way of fixing the problem until the car is completely stationary and I leave it for 10+ seconds and then restart, after doing this the car runs fine until the same thing happens. I have spoken to a friend and he said the carb is worn out most likely so I have sourced a Citroen ax gt carb to put on. Just wondering on other people opinions of this problem. kind regards Damian.

swordfish210

yeah i would go with a knackered carb, i used to have a problem with mine where dirt would get in to the main jet and block it so it would only run on the 2nd choke which made my fuel consumption hilarious but a new fuel filter and it was fine again. I have a solex froma 205 xs and one from a 205 Xt with uprated jet for a k+n filter for sale if you want them

djinuk

How much for the one with the unrated jet and the KnN buddy, i already have one lined up if need be but I might be interested. do the carbs have a small filter built in ?,

Sign in to follow this