• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mloncar

1.4 8v Cams

mloncar

This is my first post on this forum and I hope you won't shout on me, because of the content of it and my poor english :blush:

I'm driving pretty standard (for now) Renault 5 Campus with 1.4 8V engine from Clio (80HP & 80 lbft). This is my daily driver and I'm also using it for autoslaloms and some track days (in Slovenia there is only one track - 2km in length). At home I have a spare 1.4 engine and I'm planing to port and polish the head, cam it, new exhaust manifold and new carb.

Probably you're wondering why I'm writing this on Peugeot forum.. ..the reason is that I don't know which cam should I buy (it will be Catcams, but which profile). Since Peugeot TU3 engine is very similar to my E6J engine - the design of both engines are very, very similar:

- bore x stroke: 75x77mm (TU3) and 75,80x77mm (E6J)

- head design is similar: intake manifold on one side and exhasu manifold on the other side oth the head

- power/torque (205 GT vs Clio 1.4): 80KM@5800RPM, 80lbft@2800RPM and 80HP@5750RPM, 80lbft@3500RPM

- and so on....

Since I've opened similar threats on UK Renault forums, but unfortunatly I didn't get any usefull informatins, since tuning of 1.4 8V engine isn't popular at Renault drivers (all tells you the same tnihg - its not worth tunign this engine, buy another car or swap the engine with 1.8 16V or sometnih similar), but I won't buy another car since I'm happy with current one and I won't swap in a bigger engine, since I woun't be able to drive in Class 3 (modified cars with engines to 1600ccm) on autoslalom.. ..next division is Class 4 (modified cars with engines bigger than 1600ccm - in this class ther are some realy powerful cars, such as Impreza STI, Nova 2.0 16V etc).

As I was searching Peugeot forums, I've seen that tuning 1.4 8V engines is not so rare as by Renault drivers so I've decided to ask which cams works well on TU3 engines? Bare in mind, that I need as much torque and power from 2500RPM to 7000RPM.

If anyone has some pictures, videos, dyno sheets of 1.4 engines with cams.. ..please don't hesitate to post them :D

I hope, you will help me with some infos...

Sign in to follow this