• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
bobob

Cams -std S16 With Gti-6 Manifold & Decat?

bobob

I have searched quite a bit, but cannot find anything on cams for the S16 engine. Could anyone advise me on a good cam for fast road car requirements. Maybe just an inlet cam? :)

also, any other engine improvements I should think about? :o

Thanks in advance for any help :(

Edited by bobob

taylorspug

Ive got an S16 engined 205 which im doing some work on at the moment. Has a shortened MI inlet manifold on it, std exhaust, and has a Catcam inlet cam, everything else is standard. Its running too much advance as far as i can tell, as it really is flat below 4k. But it pulls like a bloody train once it comes on cam, all the way through to the limiter. If it was retarded a bit im sure it would be impressive all over the rev range. :)

Revla

The GTi-6 exhaust manifold helped mine & Maxi's cars - especially with the spec of the engines.

Nightmare to fit to the S16 head, slightly worse on the MI head.............

If you get some wild cams, you'll need to have throttle bodies & programmable ECU too.

Edited by Revla

s16 Peggy
The GTi-6 exhaust manifold helped mine & Maxi's cars - especially with the spec of the engines.

Nightmare to fit to the S16 head, slightly worse on the MI head.............

If you get some wild cams, you'll need to have throttle bodies & programmable ECU too.

Hi,

If you manage to get the GTI-6 manifold onto the S16 head, would you be able to keep the S16 downpipe and exhaust, or will you have to replace the whole system with a GTI-6 one??

Cheers

Nigel

Apologies for being off topic

Revla
Hi,

If you manage to get the GTI-6 manifold onto the S16 head, would you be able to keep the S16 downpipe and exhaust, or will you have to replace the whole system with a GTI-6 one??

Cheers

Nigel

Apologies for being off topic

I've got a cut down standard GTi downpipe........I think Maxi has too

petert
Could anyone advise me on a good cam for fast road car requirements. Maybe just an inlet cam? :)

also, any other engine improvements I should think about? :D

one of my inlet regrinds and skim 1mm off the block.

bobob

Thanks for the replies.

I take it you can't skim the block while its still in the car? I will need the car most days, so having to drop the engine out isn't really a possiblity. Maybe I could get the head skimmed? What would you suggest?

Do you offer an exchange service with a surcharge? Or would I have to aquire a spare cam so you could regrind it so my car isn't off the road :blink:

Thanks in advance for the help :P

petert
Thanks for the replies.

I take it you can't skim the block while its still in the car? I will need the car most days, so having to drop the engine out isn't really a possiblity. Maybe I could get the head skimmed? What would you suggest?

Do you offer an exchange service with a surcharge? Or would I have to aquire a spare cam so you could regrind it so my car isn't off the road :blink:

Thanks in advance for the help :P

Skimming the head will achieve very little. The problem with these engines is the block. You need to get the piston closer to the head.

You can either send your cam over, or buy one outright ground on a new billet.

bobob

Thanks for the reply Petert.

How much do you do the billet cam for? Any forum deals like on the regrinds? :blink::P

edit: I couldn't find any prices on your website either.

Edited by bobob

Sign in to follow this