• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jwa

Wiring Loom For 205 Mi16 Conversion ?

jwa

Hey ....

I am converting my 205 1,9 GTI to a 16V. But there is some problems with the wiring.

Facts:

My car is a 205 1,9 GTI from 1990.

Engine is a XU9 JAZ (122 bhp model with kat.)

My 16V engine is from a 406 MI16. XU9 J4Z - DFW (148 bhp model with kat).

I have used the engine wiring loom from the 16V. Now i need the 16V engine loom to meet the loom from the 8V, so that the instruments will work ... as they should.

How ? .....

Anybody have a diagram, that shows how to that ?

Maybe with some pictures ???

Hope to hear from you ....

danpug

There are a few guides in various threads on here.

jwa

Hey ...

Thanks for the answar.

I have been looking at that guide. That guide is made for a 1,6 GTI with Jetronic, my car is a 1,9 GTI with Motronic ....

Does that make a difference ?

Miles

The loom's are all pretty much the same inside the dash unless it's a phase 1 which yours isn't, You even get the Diag light wired into the dash as well.

jwa

Thanks ....

I will try to do it this weekend ....

jwa

.... a few more quistions .....

Does wire nr. 2A (8V) and wire nr. 2 (16V) have to be put together ?

About wire nr. 74, yellow (16V). Does that mate with the two brown wires from the 8V loom ?.

I can not see the numbers on the wiring, but its located in position 5 in the 6 pin. According to the "To do list", its suposed to be wire nr. 74 as well.

About the tacho. From the 16V wiring loom, there's a big green wire, that devides into two smaller wires, a green one, and a black one.

Which off these do i connect to wire nr 112 from the 8V loom ? ... and do i need the other one ?

And does the 405 MI16 not have a cooling water level indicator ? ... as the 205 GTI

Edited by jwa

jwa

.... a few more quistions .....

Does wire nr. 2A (8V) and wire nr. 2 (16V) have to be put together ?

About wire nr. 74, yellow (16V). Does that mate with the two brown wires from the 8V loom ?.

I can not see the numbers on the wiring, but its located in position 5 in the 6 pin. According to the "To do list", its suposed to be wire nr. 74 as well.

About the tacho. From the 16V wiring loom, there's a big green wire, that devides into two smaller wires, a green one, and a black one.

Which off these do i connect to wire nr 112 from the 8V loom ? ... and do i need the other one ?

And does the 405 MI16 not have a cooling water level indicator ? ... as the 205 GTI

Sign in to follow this