• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
M_R_205

Tu Engine Buy Or Not To Buy

M_R_205

i have seen a 1.4 tu engine on ebay suposedly out of a rallye, but im sure the rallye was only a 1.3 producing only 75hp? could the guy listing it be wrong and it is acctualy a 1.3, or is it the more powerful 1.4 engine out of an xs?? iv asked him for the engine number but i dont know which is whic :) when he replies il post it up see what you think

Paul

Rippthrough
i have seen a 1.4 tu engine on ebay suposedly out of a rallye, but im sure the rallye was only a 1.3 producing only 75hp? could the guy listing it be wrong and it is acctualy a 1.3, or is it the more powerful 1.4 engine out of an xs?? iv asked him for the engine number but i dont know which is whic :) when he replies il post it up see what you think

Paul

I think its a 75bhp 1360.

Jrod

The 1.3 rallye engine was 105bhp

The 1.4 one was only 75.

M_R_205
The 1.3 rallye engine was 105bhp

The 1.4 one was only 75.

how easy is it to get arroud 100bhp from the 1.4, im guessing it shouldnt be hard, stiock some trwin carbs on off the 1.3 and bore the inlets out slightly??

bren_1.3
how easy is it to get arroud 100bhp from the 1.4, im guessing it shouldnt be hard, stiock some trwin carbs on off the 1.3 and bore the inlets out slightly??

if you can get hold of a pair of 40 DCOM's then do so. you'll need to find a different inlet manifold to fit the 1.4 cylinder head though.

you'll probably need a hotter cam (either kent / piper / catcams) and have a look at the CSC marmite exhaust manifolds sold in the group buys on the forum.

that should unleash 100 horses......if you decide to do that.

Jrod

I have found a piper 285 cam forsale for 65 quid delivered.

I was going to buy it but am now going for a 1.6 head.

If you want it i can drop you the blokes email

trogboy

It's also worth mentioning that the 75bhp lump from the UK spec 205 rallye has an iron block which makes it ~23kg heavier then the alloy blocked 1360cc engines. There is some debate as to whether this really effects handling or not.

This engine also has a different cam and slightly different carb to the TU3S engine that is found in the XS and the AX GT.

M_R_205

well i found out the engine number its a tu3.2 if that means anything to any one, and i it looks easy to get 100 bhp, if you coukld give me that guys email addy that would be great just pm it to me :blush:

as for the carbs and manifold i think it would be a very worthy buy for 100 bhp :D

bren_1.3
well i found out the engine number its a tu3.2 if that means anything to any one, and i it looks easy to get 100 bhp, if you coukld give me that guys email addy that would be great just pm it to me

TU3.2 - cast iron block. 75 horses.

M_R_205

well the auction has just ended and i didnt win it so it looks like i will just rebuild my fooked xs engine, (blew the thing into next year mashing all the valves and i think a piston :S ) does any one know the stock bhp of the xs engine, as il do the same, carbs cam and manifold to that

Jrod

I've got a Xs head and a bottom end both undamaged.

Only split them as I planned to rebuild but never got around to it.

Can courier them to you if you are intrested.

M_R_205
I've got a Xs head and a bottom end both undamaged.

Only split them as I planned to rebuild but never got around to it.

Can courier them to you if you are intrested.

posibly, how much would you want for them and what sort of pric would the courier be, im guessing arround 80 - 100 quid for the courier?

Jrod
posibly, how much would you want for them and what sort of pric would the courier be, im guessing arround 80 - 100 quid for the courier?

I'm not sure on courrier price but shouldn't be that much I don't think.

Sent a set of 32kg wheels and that cost 43quid and they will take anything up to 70kg

top end 20 quid 15 without camshaft.

bottom end 25 quid.

If you are intrested pm me your adress and I will get a quote for the courier. :unsure:

M_R_205
I'm not sure on courrier price but shouldn't be that much I don't think.

Sent a set of 32kg wheels and that cost 43quid and they will take anything up to 70kg

top end 20 quid 15 without camshaft.

bottom end 25 quid.

If you are intrested pm me your adress and I will get a quote for the courier. :unsure:

ok cheers, il pull mine apart tonight see what the score is and give you a shout, ta :wacko:

Sign in to follow this