• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
johnnyp

Cti Powerhood Reto Fit

johnnyp

hi i have got all the bits i think to convert my manual hood to a powerhood does anyone have any pics of were the rams conect and were to place to pump

thanks Johnny

steve@cornwall
hi i have got all the bits i think to convert my manual hood to a powerhood does anyone have any pics of were the rams conect and were to place to pump

thanks Johnny

Pump fits into the space occupied by the rear water bottle in hardtops- pump inward

Rams fix to plates welded down by the rear seat squab

should be able to get pics when I'm next at the garage

Far as I know the hood frame is different on power roofs, and the rear windows, the covers for the folding hood mech are def. different. If you were the lucky bidder on the recent ebay "kit" methinks there's more bits needed!

"call for Henry!"

steve@cornwall

Very dark in the garage- hope these are useful- as you can see, the hood mounting is completely different o the manual roof

DSC00167.jpg

DSC00166.jpg

DSC00168.jpg

DSC00169.jpg

Hilgie

I hope you have these brackets as well!

Oh and you need different rear windows as well, as the powerhood ones are a tad smaller.

smokey

Hiya guys

Does anyone know how this panned out?

My CTI has a manual roof and i was wondering how hard it would be to convert it to a power one, or if its even worth it?!

If a power hood could be taken from an old broken CTI would it be a straight fit?

Thanks

steve@cornwall
Hiya guys

Does anyone know how this panned out?

My CTI has a manual roof and i was wondering how hard it would be to convert it to a power one, or if its even worth it?!

If a power hood could be taken from an old broken CTI would it be a straight fit?

Thanks

IMO - not worth it. I've had both manual and electric and think the power hood is far too slow to be useful! (Bloody cool ,though! :D )

You'd have to weld in brackets to hold the bottom of the rams, and the wiring is a complete mystery - It needs to be disabled when the engine runs (for obvious reasons) so is routed through, of all things, the oil temp. warning light, which has to be on to use the hood.

I can unclip mine at a junction and throw the hood open in seconds- and even getting out and going tom trh rear of the car it's much quicker to close a manual one, too.

pike_1.9cti
or if its even worth it?

I personally don't think its worth it for a few reasons. If it starts raining you can put a manual one up quicker, plus you'd have to get out the car to take off the tonneau cover off anyway. Then there is the adding of more mechanics and electrics to go wrong. I'd spend the time and money elsewhere, but if you plan to all the best with it, sorry i couldn't help with the other questions. Just my 2ps worth!

pike_1.9cti

Lol. Sorry if it looks like i'm echoing you steve. Lol. I'm typing on my psp at work so it takes a few mins and your post wasn't there then! Still same info for 2 people is always reassuring! Got the clutch fitted on yours for the weekend?

steve@cornwall
Got the clutch fitted on yours for the weekend?

May get a chance Weds. looking at the forecast - working outdoors, or may bring it as-is. It's only a bit of oil I spilt when changing the engine, so long as there's no rolling hillstart drags, should be fine. :D

smokey

Brilliant

Thanks again guys, nice to get such quick responses from you 2.

Think i'll give it a miss. My mums old CTI had manual too and from what i remember it was the same thing as you've just said.

Sign in to follow this