• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
grandos

205 Inlet Manifold

grandos

Does anyone know how to go about fitting a 205 GTI inlet manifold to a Phase one 2.0L 8V 306 XSI engine as i'm not sure where abouts to start as there is a huge amount of pipes, connections etc on the 306 engine as it has a Catalytic converter etc, the only thing that I've seen so far is that it should (?) fit directly onto the head as it has the same bolt pattern and I'm hoping this would give a improve performance figure as the standard inlet manifold on a 306 XSI looks overly restrictive!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ben

inferno

im pretty sure this has been covered before as many have used the xu10 head as a performance upgrade on a gti bottom end

Miles

One difficult job, Hardest part is making the stepper motor part of the Throttle body and all the other sesnor's on it,

Jakob
One difficult job, Hardest part is making the stepper motor part of the Throttle body and all the other sesnor's on it,

I had an adaptor made. I cut the flange of the existing 205 throttle. Cut the flange of the XU10 turbo inlet manifold and welded these to flanges together. Then mashined the inner diameter of the turbo flange to match the 58mm. Then the XSI 58mm throttlebody could be fitted, however on the pics you may see that I cut the top (stepmotor) of the XSI throttle head off. It was going forced induction and I didnt beleive it would be tight.

93sn.jpg

104jf.jpg

117ew.jpg

151qh.jpg

front65ny.jpg

/Jakob

Jakob

Forgot to say, that the adaptor can be turned in 3 angles. One of them holding the XSI in standard upwards position with the stepmotor on top.

/Jakob

Sign in to follow this